Low carb, do I need to take a vitamin?

Options
I hate synthetic and artificial stuff, taking a vitamin seems totally wrong to me when there's less chemicals in my shampoo than these pills. I am aware however that keto is restrictive on fruit and veg so am worried I'm not getting everything I need, is there a more natural way to ensure I get all my vitamins?

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs and liver.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Bell pepper for vitamin C, goat's milk for calcium, D and B, cod liver oil for omega 3, D, E and A.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My PT recommended something called "branch chain amino acids" must admit I haven't bought any yet!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is a more natural way to get your vitamins. Stop cutting out food groups and eat more fruit and veg.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is a more natural way to get your vitamins. Stop cutting out food groups and eat more fruit and veg.

A ketoer DOES eat vegetables, which got the same vitamins and minerals as fruit if not more, but not the carbs and sugar, so what do you mean with leaving food groups out? Besides she asked advice, not being judged for her choices!
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My PT recommended something called "branch chain amino acids" must admit I haven't bought any yet!

PT??
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ^ Sorry - personal trainer