Body Fat Percentages

Options
Wha-hey! Just back from my Friday afternoon swim and sauna, and as I was feeling particularly light and sleek and fit today (unusually), I wandered up to the gym where I had my body fat measured, and good news! It's decreased by 6% in 4 weeks, bringing me well back into the healthy range for my age and height!

I'm really happy with this as I wasn't see much change in the scales despite strict calorie control and regular workouts where I'm doing high intensity interval training.

For anyone who thinks they might be stuck and are becoming discouraged, despite sticking to a healthy eating plan and getting the exercise in, I really recommend having a body fat percentage test done. If your gym has the equipment to assess you, then go for it- there could be all sorts of amazing things going on under your skin that the scales aren't telling you about.

Oh, and a pair of jeans that I was previously beat into were feeling looser today, which is another reason I decided to skip the scales and try the body fat test!

Continued good luck to everyone on their journeys!

T. x

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good for you! i am being measured on Tuesday- wish me luck
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Wha-hey! Just back from my Friday afternoon swim and sauna, and as I was feeling particularly light and sleek and fit today (unusually), I wandered up to the gym where I had my body fat measured, and good news! It's decreased by 6% in 4 weeks, bringing me well back into the healthy range for my age and height!

I'm really happy with this as I wasn't see much change in the scales despite strict calorie control and regular workouts where I'm doing high intensity interval training.

For anyone who thinks they might be stuck and are becoming discouraged, despite sticking to a healthy eating plan and getting the exercise in, I really recommend having a body fat percentage test done. If your gym has the equipment to assess you, then go for it- there could be all sorts of amazing things going on under your skin that the scales aren't telling you about.

Oh, and a pair of jeans that I was previously beat into were feeling looser today, which is another reason I decided to skip the scales and try the body fat test!

Continued good luck to everyone on their journeys!

T. x

Wahey! nice one!

What was involved in the body fat test?
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am surprised they were willing to measure your body fat after you swam. When I asked our gym to do it, they said it needed to be before I worked out, and were reluctant because I bike to the gym. The day I drove in and had it measured, they said it was 31%. I am 5'6.5" and 135 pounds. I bike to the gym 6 days per week and strength train two days per week. If mine is 31%, I hate to imagine what my parents would have been.