For those with a Wii

Options
I just saw this article on Yahoo. It's an excercise game coming out for the Wii in May!

http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/patterson/17075

Replies

• greysweatshirt
    Options
    I just saw this article on Yahoo. It's an excercise game coming out for the Wii in May!

http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/patterson/17075
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Wii is the BEST.
    Thanks for the info:flowerforyou:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Yeah, I'm addicted to Guitar Hero III right now! Ugh! haha..
  • icandoit
    Options
    One is my favorite one to play. DO you play against people
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I have, yes..I have some friends who like to play. My favorite song is "My Name is Jonas." I can only play on Medium right now, but working on getting up to Hard.
  • icandoit
    Options
    I am still on easy. Don't play as much as I would like. I can do 98% on one easy or course and I suck at 97 on My name is Jonas.
    I think I will have to play it this weekend.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    THAT is awesome. Will deffinately be grabbing this one
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    My friend has the Wii thingy.....I wonder how effective the Wii Fit Board works? Cost?
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    You don't even need Wii fit... if you use Wii sports and do the boxing game... you can work up a sweat in no time. It's great for that.
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm addicted to Guitar Hero III right now! Ugh! haha..
    Did you know if you activly get into guitar hero and play for an hour you can burn up to 300 calories? I found that on one of the gaming websites...Got a kick out of it.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I heard the designer of Wii Fit specifically state that it wasnt designed for exercise. Only fun. I am sure it will burn calories, but not like what your thinking!

Got to do 10 fights of boxing at higher levels (and be angry) and it will definitely make you sweat!

In Afghanistan, we were wearing our body armor too (extra 30lbs).
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hoooo i been counting the sleeps until wii fit comes out :laugh:
    but here in the uk it comes out on april 25th !! so that in 6 sleepsssss

ill let you know how i get on,
    btw, right now im addited to mario kart wii, but the high levels are tough... getting there though :smile:

may
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be getting the Wii when the exercise game finally come sout.
    I posted something about it a little while ago:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9546-weeee-wii-fit?hl=wii#posts-68261

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This really does look cool. I found this trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21592.html
    I cannot wait to buy one. Only problem is, I think my family will be fighting over who gets to play. :laugh:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    so i finaly got the wii fit, had it for 3 days now,

i quite like it, its much better then sitting on your bum to play video games, but i wouldnt buy to replace your work out, some games make me sweat more then other, but nothing like a real work out,

so its a good way to keep moving. i really like the balance games, like the skiing and such, but those arent too physicly involved, the muscle workout are quite good. i've played for 1h already today and can't wait for some more later, after my normal workout.

i just wonder how many calories i burn while doing it, guess i wont know until i get a hrm !!

it fallows your progress as well. for those you didnt like the idea of being weighted everyday, i find it easy to not really care. i dont think its really acurate, with all my clothes on, after breakfast and everything anyways. they also give you your fit age.

in all, its good fun !
    may
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I want a wii so bad but they're backordered at least 7 months at all stores around here :(

I'd try ebay but the chance of actually winning one is next to nil because of bid snipers, and people have the buyitnow at like, 900$.
  • icandoit
    Options
    I want a wii so bad but they're backordered at least 7 months at all stores around here :(

I'd try ebay but the chance of actually winning one is next to nil because of bid snipers, and people have the buyitnow at like, 900$.

Go to Walmart.com or Target.com or Toysrus.com and check there. We got ours on EBay and it was $600 with 2 controllers, 2 nunchucks, protective covering for controllers, Wii sports, Wii Play, Guitar Hero III. It was never opened. Shop around.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the Wii Fit for my birthday which is next month and I cannot wait! :drinker:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do you think they will add the wii as an excersie type here?
  • melissarose611
    Options
    I really hope so!!!

I just got my Wii and Wii Fit today and I've already done an hour and a half on the Wii Fit! I LOVE it!!!!:love: