Can I lose weight without insanity's diet?

Options
Hi I am on my 11th day of insanity. It is very hard but I love to hate it. I dread doing it but I get such a great feeling after I completed a session. I guess that's why I am so dedicated in finishing the whole program. I'm not really a fan of dieting and for that reason I have elected not to follow the plan. Don't get me wrong I'm not going crazy in the food department either. I don't eat fried foods, or fast food (except Chinese once in awhile steamed of course), no soda or juice. I also use MFP religiously. I stay under my calorie intake. I also went out and brought the basis b1 watch to calculate my daily calories and to also keep me motivated. I guess my question is :Will this way of life be good enough to lose weight or should I follow insanity's diet plan?

Replies

• Yodifer
    Options
    Hi I am on my 11th day of insanity. It is very hard but I love to hate it. I dread doing it but I get such a great feeling after I completed a session. I guess that's why I am so dedicated in finishing the whole program. I'm not really a fan of dieting and for that reason I have elected not to follow the plan. Don't get me wrong I'm not going crazy in the food department either. I don't eat fried foods, or fast food (except Chinese once in awhile steamed of course), no soda or juice. I also use MFP religiously. I stay under my calorie intake. I also went out and brought the basis b1 watch to calculate my daily calories and to also keep me motivated. I guess my question is :Will this way of life be good enough to lose weight or should I follow insanity's diet plan?

if you are eating less calories than you are burning you will lose weight. I've done insanity twice and never even looked at their nutrition book. Just logged my calorie intake on MFP.
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The only thing that matters for weight loss is that you burn more calories than you eat.

You don't need any special diet plans to lose weight. That being said, if you find a diet plan that is healthy (meaning has you consuming enough calories), and you find it is more helpful than a pain in the butt, go for it.