Dissapointed when I should be estactic

Options
So here at work we did one of those diet bet things... $20 and you had to lose 4% of your body weight in the month of October. Well.. official weigh in was today.. and I lost 5 of the 6 pounds I needed. So instead of being super proud that I lost 5 pounds in October..... Im dissapointed I did not reach the six.. sigh.......

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Weight really isn't a good indicator anyways. I gained 3 lbs this week due to a sinus infection and that ish won't go away. With only 30 lbs to go, 1 lb per week is good, so I wouldn't say 1.25lb per week is bad. Really, I would look to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. Last thing you really want is hit your weight goal and still be all flabby because you lost too much muscle.

But if you want to help eliminate some water weight, adjust your macro's to incorporate more protein and fats. I would adjust macro's to around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. And set your account to 1lb per week. And if you can add resistance training to see greater body changes.
  • jlederman71
    jlederman71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I will try that next week!
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I understand.

But congrats on losing five! That's great!
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Losing 5 lbs would mean more to me than $20.

Heck, I'd seriously pay $100 or MORE to have 5 lbs melt away in a month.

I'm pretty sure it's the symbolism of meeting a goal rather than the actual $20 that has you down.

In any other month 5 lbs would be worth celebrating. So celebrate.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You lost 5 lbs in a month! Woohooo!
  • DonnaMc510
    DonnaMc510 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's hard when you set yourself targets and don't reach them and it takes a little while to realise that you have still achieved something pretty awesome. You are 5lbs less than you were a month ago which is pretty cool in my eyes:)