Doctor Visit for check up after reaching goal?

Options
Hello,
I finally reached my goal of 200 lbs. My starting weight was 310 lbs, and since June, I have successfully lost all that excess body fat. I'm happy because I look and feel better. So heres my question, should I visit the doctor and get a routine checkup or physical to see where i'm at health wise? Also should I go to a family physician doctor or visit a nutritionists? Will they be able to help me with maintaining weight or giving advice?

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I did this exact thing after losing 45 lbs. Just wanted to see what my numbers were and see if there was anything else worth improving. I went to a GP (family doctor), got a full workup of tests and full exam. They actually caught the beginning of a thyroid issue so I'm glad I did.

I'm pretty sure at this point you don't need a nutrionist, but if you feel like it would help (doctors aren't always the best on diet and exercise advice, oddly enough), go for it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You should see one every year anyway. Mine has been following me closely actually and I've seen her 3 times this year already. I'd just go to a regular physician, although they won't help you with maintaining weight (which I don't think is a big deal, honestly MFP is your best support IMO).