NSV: "Oh, you're too skinny for the sale items"

Options
13»

Replies

• Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    just out of curiousity, what are you weighing in at? I am also 6'4" and like you have been wearing 2xl for a long time, I have always figued I would never be able to wear anything smaller than a xl or large, because of my frame, and can't imagine fitting medium anything, shorts, pants, shirts, hoodies.....medium sized fast food combos!
  • LisaAvasNana
    LisaAvasNana Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING. Something like that keeps you going knowing that other people see the results we fail to see ourselves. Thanks for sharing. I have been bigger most of my life so I know the feeling thinking that I NEED the bigger sizes. Just to share I recently had a similar experience buying a dress for my daughters wedding. I ended up getting a size smaller than I tried on and the ladies said I could even go a smaller size. I wanted to be comfortable so I said thanks but no and chickened out of even trying on the smaller size. Great job. Keep up the good work.
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What is nsv?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Way to go you!! I love this story. :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    What is nsv?

A Non Scale Victory. :smile:
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV, congratulations!!
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    OP: Thank you for sharing that wonderful story!

That's a ~fantastic~ NSV!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good job!
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What is nsv?

A Non Scale Victory. :smile:

Thanks!
  • ril0riley
    ril0riley Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    just out of curiousity, what are you weighing in at? I am also 6'4" and like you have been wearing 2xl for a long time, I have always figued I would never be able to wear anything smaller than a xl or large, because of my frame, and can't imagine fitting medium anything, shorts, pants, shirts, hoodies.....medium sized fast food combos!
    I started at 325 and am currently hovering around 220; my initial goal (which seemed unobtainable at the start) was to get to 225, and right now my goal is to work at a slower pace to get down to 205 by spring.

I still think for most brands I'll be a Large shirt size, since Medium is just never going to get arms/shoulders/chest right. However I have had some luck with "athletic" or similar cuts which are larger on top and more tapered in the waist.

For pants right now, depending on brand, I'm between 32-34, which (again depending on brand) is either medium or large.

So, yeah, it was unexpected, but definitely possible to get into lower sizes. You can do it!
  • lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great NSV! :happy:
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! awesome feeling ha? I was looking at clearance racks the other day and a women said to me "they have your size right there" She pointed to a shirt and low and behold it was a SMALL! I was like YES! Feels awesome!
  • josephnjava1
    josephnjava1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can you please tell me what NAV means??? I am exhausted from trying to figure it out(lol):smile:
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    awesome story! Thank you for sharing and congrats on your hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!