The Expendables Movies

edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
edited September 21 in Chit-Chat
I can't wait to see The Expendables Movie this weekend. These guys know the secret to longevity; it is lifetime fitness and a proper diet.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    The single coolest movie I have ever seen, gotta take my wife to get her back for sitting through Sex in the City 2
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    We are going at 4:20 this afternoon before the evening crazies hit..LOL.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    And a sh$% load of steroids.
  • Baaaaaaah my hubby and I want to see it so bad too, I can't wait!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I went to the midnight showing last night. Turn off your brain and it's pretty straight up awesome :)
  • edorice
    Well yeah, the steroid use has been there for some of the actors. However, you still gotta lift hard or go home even with the roids. i still have mad respect for some of those guys. Did you know that Dolph Lundgren has a Masters Degree? He and Stallone have been friends for years. I'm female and I'm totally geeking for this movie!!!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too true, Erickirb!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Edorice - Am I missing something? what does being female have to do with it?
  • toddgaines
    toddgaines Posts: 130
    I already have my tickets for the 7:00 show
  • Rynatat
    Me & my fiance also want to see it though (love Jason Statham!), but since I fall asleep watching movies, we have to wait for rentals so he can pause & restart (I fell asleep watching Batman Darknight - doesn't matter how loud it is, I apparently have a snooze button on my *kitten* that if I'm sitting for longer than 15 mins I go to lala land :tongue: )
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    My husband and a bunch of his friends will be performing their manly duties tonight by doing their part to make sure that Eat, Pray, Love is NOT on top of this weekend's box office earnings!

Best. Unofficial. Movie. Trailer. Ever.!
    Watch it. It's seriously hilarious!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncp0sQvBM0
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    At first I wasn't sure about Expendables, but I can't wait to go see it now. I was disappointed when I heard that Van Damme and Wesley Snipes turned down roles and that Steven Segal turned down a cameo. That would have been perfect!

The killer for me: Scott Pilgrim Vs The World also came out! I've been looking forward to both of these movies all summer and I'm not sure the hubby will want to go see both in one weekend, lol.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Me & my fiance also want to see it though (love Jason Statham!), but since I fall asleep watching movies, we have to wait for rentals so he can pause & restart (I fell asleep watching Batman Darknight - doesn't matter how loud it is, I apparently have a snooze button on my *kitten* that if I'm sitting for longer than 15 mins I go to lala land :tongue: )

I fell asleep during that, too! I can't begin to count the number of airconditioned, seated naps I've taken.... Usually, I'm doomed to sleep through the movie if I declare, at any point, "I'm awake."
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    My husband and a bunch of his friends will be performing their manly duties tonight by doing their part to make sure that Eat, Pray, Love is NOT on top of this weekend's box office earnings!

Best. Unofficial. Movie. Trailer. Ever.!
    Watch it. It's seriously hilarious!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncp0sQvBM0

AHAHAHA!!! I love that trailer! Especially the whole "Hollywood is falling to teenage girls" thing... so true!
  • Rynatat
    The real kicker came when I saw Michael Clayton with my Mom a few years back: she always fell asleep watching movies & the next thing I hear this very soothing voice in my ear "are you sleeping?", it was my Mom, still awake, enjoying her movie & I was softly snoring! Oh, well, maybe that's my body's way of telling me "you need to keep moving, keep burning calories and lose the weight or I sleep"!
  • edorice
    Edorice - Am I missing something? what does being female have to do with it?

Some would assume that only men would want to see this, but as a female I can't wait.

It's disappointing that some of the others like Snipes won't be in the movie. The Blade series stands on it's own.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Some would assume that only men would want to see this, but as a female I can't wait.

I'm in the same boat... all my guy friends are weirded out because I wanna see this, and my girl friends want nothing to do with it. Same thing happened when 300 came out...
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Same thing happened when 300 came out...

Which is completely ridiculous because that movie is insane female eye candy!!
  • edorice
    We saw it last night! It was crazy!!! The guys were great. Cameo of Arnold and Bruce. Fight scenes off the chain. Ya gotta see this!!!
  • edorice
    It's out on DVD!!!! Woo hoo!!!
This discussion has been closed.