#appleshape #lifting #weddingworkout #awesome

Options
I’m posting my first success story, but I haven’t reached my “goal.” I finished the program, New Rules of Lifting for Women, and I’m two weeks away from my wedding. My body isn’t perfect, and I haven’t dropped insane amounts of weight or dress sizes. I’m not here to proclaim the superiority of lifting over any other exercise. I’m just saying, hey, this worked for me, I feel pretty dang good about life, and maybe you’re interested. I don’t eat perfectly. I’ve had plenty of weeks where I missed workouts or didn’t hit the gym at all, and here I am. Again, imperfect, but having made progress. I’ve changed my lifestyle for the better and I plan to continue this. The biggest reward, besides looking tons better in my wedding dress than the first time I tried it on, is knowing that I can do this – eat well with some splurges, workout and try new things – for the rest of my life. Here are some other valuable lessons I have learned in the past six months:

1.) You’re stronger than you think you are, and you won’t know how much until you test your limits.
2.) This is a slow-going road. It’s taken me six months to lose almost seven pounds. But, it’s seven pounds that I am confident won’t creep back without a fight. It’s not about the scale, or even the dress size. It’s about admiration of your muscles in the mirror, the comments from co-workers about your hard work showing, the way your posture improves, and the way your clothes make you look like a million bucks.
3.) Consistency wins in the end.
4.) There is a way to improve your health and fitness while still drinking wine and eating cheeseburgers. If I had cut them out, I’d have lost more, and faster. But this method felt tolerable for me and I believe I’ve practiced something sustainable.

I will keep lifting, and I’ll run, and I’ll do yoga, and maybe try some Jillian Michaels DVDs – who knows! Either way, fitness is solidly part of my life and routine, because I was able to change my body for the better. I was able to develop a pride and appreciation for what it can do. Priceless!

Stats (since beginning NROLFW):
Weight: 159 → 152.4 – total loss of 6.6 pounds
Triceps: 13 → 11.5 – 1.5 inches lost
Chest: 38.75 → 35.75 - 3 inches lost
Ribcage: 33.75 → 31 -2.75 inches lost
Waist: 32.25 → 29 – 3.25 inches lost
Abdomen (navel): 36.5 → 33 - 3.5 inches lost
Hips: 40 → 38 – 2 inches lost
Thigh: 24.25 → 23 – 1.25 inches lost

That’s a total of 17.75 inches. Pretty cool. Go lifting!

Picture time!
Front before
ab56dba6-7689-4baa-8d6c-c620660f0c5d_zps9937a116.jpg

Front now
lizfrontoct_zpsfcc638e7.jpg

Side before
a3f73b6c-57f2-4da2-ad76-8dd9d8a400e3_zps4b7ef6a5.jpg

Side now lizsideoct_zpscd1c9f97.jpg

Back Before
825774a7-412e-4fbe-b8ad-b38cf87e7046_zpse2c2a425.jpg

Back now
lizbackoct_zps8a195a5d.jpg

Replies

• katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB! Looks way more than 7 pounds!

I keep thinking about getting the New Rules for Lifting for Women but then get nervous ... I gotta take the plunge b/c your success is totally inspiring!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hashtag nice job.
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that's less than 7 pounds difference! You look fantastic. Yet another story for my file of "why I want to lift." I'm currently saving up to purchase a rack and barbell set.

Have a wonderful, fun wedding!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can definitely tell you've been working hard. Good for you! :drinker:
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That looks like WAY more than 7lbs! You look awesome! I am going to visit a gym this weekend so I can get signed up and start lifting! GREAT JOB!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the gym, NOW! Congratulations all around and on your upcoming nuptials!
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Incredible work and very inspiring post! :) congrats on your progress, can identify with your comments it also took me well I figured to be a very long time to loose my last 10lbs but slow is right and in a way you can keep it off, i've been reading the starting strength book but also considering getting NROLFW, hope you're proud of your work, i know i would be :P.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!