- INTERMITTENT FASTING - Ever done it/heard of it?

Options
2»

Replies

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just started Intermittent Fasting in September, this year. I watched lots of videos on youtube and purchased lots of books. I did my research on this. You have to find what works for you. There are variations on the 5:2 plan. I fast on Monday and Thursday. When I say fast, I mean only water. Then on the other 5 days, I only eat between 10AM and 6PM. I eat a clean diet. Lean protein, fresh fruits and veges. Hardly any bread and other white foods, just on occasion.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WanderingCavalcade
    Options
    I didn't know what intermittent fasting was until a few months ago, but it' actually what I was doing already!

I'm one of those people who gets nauseous if I eat early in the day, so my first meal is usually between 11 AM and 1 PM, and my last meal is usually between 4 and 5 pm. I eat a little outside of those times on the weekends when my sleeping pattern is different.

I always get my calories and macros in and I'm really only ever hungry when I stay up too late (I get midnight munchies past 1 am, so I'm usually in bed by midnight). I've lost around 50 lbs in a year eating like this, so it's worked for me, even if I know it doesn't work for everybody.

I'd suggest trying it out to see if it works.

Good luck!
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You're welcome, Lindonesia37.