Be patient in your efforts.

IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Daily Inspiration for August 13, 2010
Katie Jay, MSW

Be patient in your efforts.

Most people long for a quick fix to their eating problems. They don't want to have to work at it or wait for the much-delayed reward.

But, patience is what it takes--countless hours of trying various tools and finding out which ones work best. Then, you have to put in more hours practicing new behaviors. Shaping a new life that really works requires painstaking effort.

Action for the day: Pay attention to your attitude about your new lifestyle today. Are you impatient or rebellious? Practice patience today. Trust the process.

Replies

• cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Oh so true. Thanks for the reminder.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Thank you so much for that. I was just pressuring my stepmother to support me in buying the ingredients for the Sacred Heart Diet -- only because it would take off 5+ pounds in 7 days...
  • Sounds like hard work! Try to lighten up and see the fun side of this.
    First of all you have accomplished some fabulous goals...Congratulations!!! You are awesome!!!
    Second, this place is such a center of ideas, sharing and caring that you have most likely made some friends and meant a lot of wonderful people.
    What great things are ahead for you, your working hard and seeing results. Be proud of yourself, give yourself a pat on the back... you've earned it.
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Thank you! I REALLY needed to hear that today!!
  • heatypablo
    heatypablo Posts: 221
    You took the words out of my mouth! :)
  • Beautiful and so right. Thanks xx
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Good advice, thankyou
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Hey Mollie
    Your so right since I have a long way to go I forget to be nice to myself and give myself time. What you said realy hit's home! Thank you
This discussion has been closed.