Weights and muscle knots!

Does anyone have problems with these? I have a ton of knots in my shoulders and back, especially around my shoulder blades. I've been taking magnesium, which my chiropractor suggested, and trying to get in my protein, especially after lifting. Been drinking atleast 8 glasses of water, most days, and I've tried using a rubber ball against the wall to massage them out, but they just won't go away! And I've been trying to stretch them, atleast once a day. Any other suggestions???

Replies

• Stretch stretch stretch! Stretch before you lift, in beween sets and after you're all done.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    I wouldn't stretch until after exercising, but use a foam roller after every work-out session too. Perhaps a deep-tissue massage regularly would be beneficial for you.
  • try using a foam roller!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/tptherapy
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    get thee to target and purchase thyself a foam roller.

no really.

And if that's not doing it for you.

Wine bottle.
    LAX ball

both are great.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    2nd the foam roller

Deep tissue massage I've tried, and its a bit pricey but well worth it if you are just plain tight and sore. I literally felt half my age after my first one.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Thanks everyone!!! Will try those! :happy:
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    And add a heating pad!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    I get them too. I find a monthly massage works wonders. I also have a foam roller & haven't tried it on my shoulders (just use it on my IT bands) but am totally going to do that when I get home tonight.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,966 Member
    I usually only hurt if I over do it. Or just start back up after not working out for awhile. I give myself an extra day off before hitting it again. And go lighter at first. Build back up slowly. But I may get one of those foam rollers for hubby.

:)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    I usually only hurt if I over do it. Or just start back up after not working out for awhile. I give myself an extra day off before hitting it again. And go lighter at first. Build back up slowly. But I may get one of those foam rollers for hubby.

:)

I probably do tend to overdo it a little, but this last time, I was determined to get all the way down on those pushups, and I did!!! :happy: :wink: