Sprained ankle and other problems

Options
Well this Monday I happened to join in a kick boxing style class - pretty intense and only lasted 15 mins our so because whilst skipping sideways before a high sideways kick - Iwent over on my ankle and it hurt - a lot... Went to hospital and it's sprained but not fractured or broken..

Also got another health issue over last two weeks - the dreaded Heameroids... Causing a lot of pain and discomfort...

What exercise/calorie burning can I do now?? I got on scales tonight and have put back on about 5lbs since Sunday...

This is getting me down I want to get fit and loose weight... the dreaded H's are no joke - how long before I can do any thing involving leg work..?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I wish you a speedy recovery.

My suggestion is to follow your medical doctor advice . You will recover faster that way.

If you calculate your daily calorie goals for "No exercise", and still at a deficit, you can keep your body weight under control.

At this point in your life, your priorities are: get better and avoid increasing your weight.

There will be time to get fit, once your doctor releases you.

Good luck in your recovery
  • mazamarie
    Options
    Thank you for the reply - I must be an odd person for openly admitting to having H's and bringing it up in a post - I am gonna see Dr about this too as it's the absolute pits. Sorry but really is painful
  • mazamarie
    Options
    I'm going to Gym today anyway... I will try the rowing machine... Do some work on the hand cycle and try some upper body work... And ask advice re the Ankle.. If one of the older instructors is in.. I may even ask other advice, but I don't want to mention to a young instructor...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Don't ask the trainers, ask your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon.