Serious question about calories (fer realz)

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But it seems you're safe on one count and screwed on another.

The following replies are taken from http://askville.amazon.com/stickers-fruits-edible/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=2751475

It wont harm you. The little stickers on fruit are made of edible paper; however, it is best to remove them before washing. Otherwise, the part underneath the sticker will not be cleaned.
    Sources: http://www.wikihow.com/Wash-Fruit-and-Vegetables

They're not edible but won't hurt you if eaten. By FDA standards, the labels (called PLU labels) are supposed to be made with lead-free dyes and the glue used to adhere them to the fruit is required to be food grade (meaning safe to ingest). The labels are supposed to be removed before consumption but if accidently eaten, they are safe and won't harm you. You can actually look up the codes for any kind of produce at www.plucodes.com .

Personally, I'd log it as a starch/carb. You may have to exercise a whole minute to work it off, but you can do that easily. Then again, after all the bourbon, you'll need more than a minute.

OMG I effing LOVE this "fer realz" answer. I had NO IDEA those things were edible and seriously thought this guy was in danger of clogging his intestines when that sticker got near his sphincter with the sticker side down and it lodged itself there and stickied itself across blocked it shut. Man that was a close call. I almost didn't sleep tonight worrying about the anal situations of an internet stranger.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the calories. Did it fit your macros?
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Be careful. I ate a whole bunch of those stickers once and they stayed in my stomach like a giant wall of gum. They made me birth it like a child. I named him George.
  • rschwabe1
    Options
    Solid post.

-Ryan
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Sat down at the table to enjoy a salad roughly the same size as my heard
    '

i think people are missing the key point here. same size as a heard of what? cattle? thats a pretty big salad man. i rekon the calories gained from eating the sticker would be burnt off by the cardio of chewing a 30 tonne salad
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Probably about 140 calories per sticker lol
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Stickers provide much needed ruffage. I think if you chew 25 times the calories burned chewing will cancel out any calories that the sticker contained. Unless of course it was one of those stickers with a lot of ink on it. I know for a fact that ink is high in calories
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sat down at the table to enjoy a salad roughly the same size as my beard
    '

i think people are missing the key point here. same size as a heard of what? cattle? thats a pretty big salad man. i rekon the calories gained from eating the sticker would be burnt off by the cardio of chewing a 30 tonne salad

FIFhim/her.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Sat down at the table to enjoy a salad roughly the same size as my beard
    '

FIFhim/her.

? (him)