Lost another streak...incredibly frustrated!

Options
13»

Replies

• gerogirl
    gerogirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post! I just back from a vacation (still eating well and hitting at least 10,000 steps) ... but totally forgot about the time change! You guys have saved my frustration!
  • joahart49
    joahart49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also lost my streak. I followed the link posted in another comment and it worked to restore mine.
  • djlopez101
    djlopez101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    I am not sure how I lost my streak, but I was up to 95 days straight of logging in. Then, the notification that I had reached 100 days never came. I must have logged in after midnight one day without realizing it.

I know this seems so little in the grand scheme of things, but it is so disheartening for me to lose another streak. This is now like the third or fourth time I have lost a streak right around 100 days. You will never see me as a quitter, but I am in serious need of some motivation here.

Do any of you have any tips for what gets you through your tougher times? I have not been losing a lot of weight, and I have not been able to exercise as much as I want to or need to. Up until now, the only thing positive that I could hang my hat on was my streak of consecutive days logging in. That is now gone too.

Please help!
    I believe you can ask to have your streak restored. All is not lost! Let me go see what I can find out, or maybe someone will come in with info.

Found it: go here and they will fix it up for you. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

I am so glad you posted this! I was wondering what I was supposed to do when I as "off the grid" which I like to do a lot! I lost a 70ish day streak this summer because I went into the backwoods on a hiking/camping/fishing trip and it sucked! It may sound stupid but keeping that streak alive is just one of many motivators that keep me going! SO glad this counter reset exists!
  • djlopez101
    djlopez101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sentaruu wrote: »
    the streak counter really has no bearing on your weight loss and fitness goals. if you know you put in the work and logged everything and was on track then don't worry about it. you can't take this stuff too seriously or you'll wind up in therapy.

Yup. Times two.

I disagree, if your whole world is chaos and the only stable, constant thing is simply logging into MFP and getting another day onto your streak and that gets taken away, then you could end up in therapy. Sometimes the smaller things in life keep you sane.

Edit: call it a straw, and it could be the one that broke the camels back if you miss it.

if your logging streak is the only thing keeping you sane, guess what? you're not sane.

This. That is crazy talk. I see the counter as just one motivator but if your MFP streak starting over puts you in therapy you have issues.
  • Faye369
    Faye369 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bluwaves1 wrote: »
    I shut my counter off. I know there are days when I won't be able to log in at all...

Although I like to know how many consecutive days I log my food or activity I am not always able to input the information on the day .. weekends are especially difficult if I'm on the go then play catch up on Monday.. I find the counter and think it would be better to not use it ... I have looked at the settings but can't find how to turn the counter off. Info on this would be appreciated.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Mistakes happen. It's easy for us to say 'forgive yourself and move on', which is true, but you have to recognize it for yourself. We all screw up from time to time. I lost my last streak because of vacation. Yeah, I was a little bummed, but it's not the end of the world. Did not logging in on time mean you pigged out that day? If not, you're fine.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    New on here today so sorry for a daft question, maybe. But can you log on at any time during the day or is it after you hit that you have completed the days intake etc. that counts?
    It's not a daft question at all. You need to log in once before midnight in your own time zone. What you log or don't log is your own business and won't affect the ticker at all.

How grand your lives must be when all you have to worry about is a meaningless "streak" that you post, where it makes no difference what you post and the actual "posting" has no effect.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    New on here today so sorry for a daft question, maybe. But can you log on at any time during the day or is it after you hit that you have completed the days intake etc. that counts?
    It's not a daft question at all. You need to log in once before midnight in your own time zone. What you log or don't log is your own business and won't affect the ticker at all.

How grand your lives must be when all you have to worry about is a meaningless "streak" that you post, where it makes no difference what you post and the actual "posting" has no effect.

For some people, it's a habit they need to learn. Logging in every day is only the start. Yes, it's better when they log in and log their food, but I for one had trouble remembering to log in every day. So when I did log, I would forget things when I backfilled. I had to bribe myself to remember to log in every day until I had the habit established.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    MFP has a reminder option, set that to remind you at some point in the day and give yourself enough time to log something.
  • stircrzy
    stircrzy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The streak wasn't broken, it was just a computer malfunction. You have persevered and continued. Be flexible with yourself. If you wanted to work out running and it isn't happening trying DVD's. I joined a gym and that was great until my son ended up in afternoon kindergarten. There are no classes available at my gym in the afternoon. So I did some searching and found 30 minute workouts I could do at home. People have to change to adapt to their circumstances everyday. It's not failure it's flexibility. Sometimes it takes time to figure out what the new direction is going to be, but you will figure it out. If you need some support please feel free to friend me. You can do this!