TOM-Question

Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so in my opinion, this past week I have been eating well and exercising a lot more..however, when I got on the scale...I have only lost a pound for the week. Could this be because my last week's weigh in was on the first day of my menstrual and my weigh in yesterday was on the last day of it? Should I skip a weigh in during TOM next month?

Because I am a little frustrated with only a 1lb loss!

Replies

• mlcdz
    mlcdz Posts: 43 Member
    I would be jumping up and down any time the scale moved downward! Some weeks it'll be one, sometimes more or less, but as long as the trend in the general direction is down, you're golden! and, yes, TOM will make a difference, but don't be discouraged, just look at that AWESOME 16# loss ticker and congratulate yourself. Great work.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    My weight goes up after, not before. I don't know why.

You could weigh in weekly like this site recommends, or you could just add your weights in when you do it, and if you do, you might be able to compare against past months if you flag it in your food journal with notes like "Dr. Leakey arrives" and "Goodbye Dr. Leakey!"

At least that's what I'm going to do. It should tell me what my body does under that particular stress and then I won't be disappointed.

Mirii
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    I always skip it.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    I agree with mlcdz. Just because you're shooting for 2 pounds a week weight loss doesn't mean that's ALWAYS going to happen... there are a million little factors that can affect it one way or the other... but any weight loss is great! Don't beat yourself up over it. 16 pounds so far is awesome, you should be thrilled! I'm thrilled for you!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    I easily gain 4-5 lbs every time my monthly "friend" comes to visit me. I don't log it, because I give myself one week to get that weight back off.
This discussion has been closed.