9-month progress pics - 36 lbs down, 20 to go.

Options
hp8XUaa.jpg

It isn't much, but here are the before and afters of my 36-lb weight loss.

It is hard for me to see the difference until I compare it to what I used to look like. I started on this journey two weeks after the photo on the left was taken. I love to go to sci-fi conventions and dress up in goofy costumes with my friends, and I was totally unrecognizable to myself in the lefthand picture. I'm dressed as Regina/ the Evil Queen from "Once Upon a Time" on the left and as Lady Captain America for Halloween on the right, in case anyone is curious :)

I'm all for people dressing up at any size, but I just hadn't realized how big I had gotten with my totally sedentary lifestyle, and I was getting winded just going up the stairs and was tired all the time - I knew I had to do something. Since then, with the exception of a 3-week period wherein I stopped tracking and went on vacation for a week (and drank a lot, lol) I have steadily lost about a pound a week.

I haven't changed anything about my diet except portion size, and I've taken up running 3-4 times a week and yoga and planks on other days. I also walk 30-40 minutes on some days I don't run, and generally try to pick active things to do on the weekends. I'm also now in training to get certified as a personal trainer and have decided to work with seniors when I get certified. I'm really enjoying my life so much more this way and have all of you to thank for it. :)

Starting Weight: 198 lbs (I put it in wrong on MFP and don't know how to change it)
Current weight: 162 lbs - just 3 lbs away from a healthy BMI, should be there before the new year :)

Starting Size: 16/18
Current Size: 8/10 - the dress I'm wearing is a size 10/12 and if it weren't for the corset, it would be very baggy on me.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!