if i am 137lbs ..........

Options
what dress size wouldi be???

sorry but this is my goal weight for xmas but what dress size would i be?

im a big 14 (u.k size) now and im 166lbs :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :angry: lol

but if i get to 137lbs does any-one have a clue what dress size that would make me ????

(sorry if this question isnt in the right section)

Rachael
xxxxxxxxx

Replies

• MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    hi ya! how tall are you? I'm 137 but I am 5'3 so I am on the shorter size.. and I would say I'm not quite an 8 but not quite a 10 either...lol:grumble: good luck! you can do it!
  • rslavens
    rslavens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm about 137 and I am a size 9 typically (US size, if there's a difference). I accidentally got a size 7 for a rehearsal dinner, and I was able to wear it (although I couldn't take deep breaths, or bad things would probably happen).
  • Marthalemming
    Marthalemming Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depends on how tall you are. If you're around 5 '7 , 5'8 or so, it's a size 8 (Canada).
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 137 and wear a size 7 US.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I don't know anything about UK sizes, but I'm 5'4", and when I weighed 137 lbs I was in a size 6-8 (US). Hope that helps a little.
  • algiampolo
    Options
    I think it will totally depend on your body type. Personally, I am 5'7, 197 lbs, and am a large 14 and we have a 30 pound difference. Sorry I am not much help.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i weight 137 and i'm 5'4
    i wear between a 9-7 in us sizes
    i do have excess skin from my babies so that makes a differance
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    depending on the shop about an 8/10 but it really depends
    1) on the shop, topshop/miss selfridges/warehouse/oasis/morgan sizes are smaller, new look/peacocks/mark one/next are bigger and primark depends on what you buy (and sometimes within a style as well - bought 2 jeans same style different colours dark blue one fit, black ones were too big!!)

and 2) on your build, and were you carry your weight.

hope this helps!
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    hi ya! how tall are you? I'm 137 but I am 5'3 so I am on the shorter size.. and I would say I'm not quite an 8 but not quite a 10 either...lol:grumble: good luck! you can do it!

yay im 5'3 aswellgod its nice to know i might be a size 10 for xmas!!!

thanx :) xxxx
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6.5" and 135 lbs. My measurements (34 bra, 28" waist, 37.5" hips) say I am a size 10 US, but I easily fit into size 8 dresses and some pants.
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options

Well that is cool we are the same height! lol :drinker:
  • mommagrams
    Options
    Usually about 15 lbs lost, equals a dress size. At least that is true for me. I'm sure we're all a little different.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    what dress size wouldi be???

sorry but this is my goal weight for xmas but what dress size would i be?

im a big 14 (u.k size) now and im 166lbs :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :angry: lol

but if i get to 137lbs does any-one have a clue what dress size that would make me ????

(sorry if this question isnt in the right section)

Rachael
    xxxxxxxxx

Well there is no simple answer to your questions really.. It all depends on your height and on your body type (A-frame, athletic frame, etc..)
    you will most definetly drop many sizes but which one exactly?!! only you would know..:smile:
    In general, if you lose a Stone that should help you drop 1.5 size.. so if you drop 2 stones you might end-up loosing 3 or more dress sizes depending where you carry the weight..
    Cheers
  • xweerachceex
    Options

Well that is cool we are the same height! lol :drinker:

yeah its nice to see what i can be! thanx for responding :)
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" and 136...depends on the clothes but I wear anything from a 6-10 but usually 8 works. hope this helps I still have a tummy so if the clothing is very fitted I usually have to go to the next size. I'm working on it though haha. Good luck
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    very hard to say because for example i lost 30 pounds and thought i could get into this dress i had bought awhile ago and well lets just say it did not happen i could not zip the dress due to my back has become wider with the swimming and pullups and muscle training i have been doing as well as some other things. so even though waist wise i was fine if your back is wide could be a problem. in this picture that i have posted which was taken last week, i wore this black dress and it was a 14 and i am 5"7 and weigh 167, when i had reached 130 a couple years ago i was still a size 10 because i always had a wide back. hope that helps

828710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ladysw357
    Options
    Really there are too many things to take into consideration to tell you what size you would be. People of the same height and weight can really vary in clothing sizes due to body mass composition and body shape. Sorry, but to be truthful there is no easy answer to your question.