Bacon chicken; easy and delicious

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
Someone posted this on Facebook and it looked good so I made it.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Bacon
Brown sugar
Seasoning

I marinated my chicken breasts in fat free Italian dressing, but season how you want
Cut each chicken breast into thirds
Wrap a slice of bacon around chicken
Roll in brown sugar
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes

I baked mine on a rack so the grease will drip down. The calories are easy to figure out based on weight of your chicken and the bacon brand you use.

I'm thinking ahead. I could make this without the sugar and some pepper. I could marinate chicken in honey mustard of teriyaki. I could put asparagus in this.

I'm working on my protein intake, it's too low, this will help.

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'm likely to skip the sugar, but it looks good.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    OMGbacon_zps5443b848.png

Can't go wrong with a LITTLE bacon in your life ...... thanks for sharing !
  • MarkRShallcross
    MarkRShallcross Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For extra protein, you could stuff the breast with a cheese mixture. I mix equal quantities of butter/cheese (I used a creamy cheese like brie or stilton but any softer type cheese would work) add a teaspoon of mustard & some chopped herbs (personal choice but I like sage or coriander) Cut a pocket in the breast & add the mix, wrap in prosciutto, (easier to do if the prosciutto is straight from the fridge). Then seal in a hot pan for a couple of minutes each side & into the oven for 10 mins or so. I serve mine with tenderstem broccoli & spoon a little of the juices that escape onto the chicken. The mixture helps to keep the chicken succulent, worth a try if you want a different take on yours :)
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • patty1949
    patty1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump