Insanity (or not) friends. Looking for some support!

Options
Hey i'm Jake, I'm 29, I live in the mountains of Colorado, I'm a snowmobile guide, a whitewater raft guide, and a glassblower, I've been trying to lose weight for a while on and off. I'm on week 3 of Insanity and could use some friends on here. My ultimate goal is to do a triathlon (probably a sprint) and maybe some mud races, but for now i just need to drop the weight and become a better runner. I haven't been tracking my food on here much since i have to eat so much on insanity it would just take too much time, But I'm updating and posting my experiences. I AM for the most part following the Insanity meal plan. So if you're interested in any of these things and could use another friend send me a request!

Replies

• EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi. Tomorrow will be my last day on Insanity (day 63). Why don't you type in Insanity on the search? You will see people reaching out for support. Also, I joined the follow group with a Beachbody trainer/expert. You may want to also join.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/14066-total-team-beachbody-support-group

Good luck and take each day at a time! And remember to Dig Deeper!
  • OttoIsGoingToLoseIt
    Options
    i just finished up my 5th week of Insanity and i've lost a bit over 20 lbs.

I am not going by their nutritional guide but i am eating healthier and a lot less than i used to.

do you make your meals in advance?
  • mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have not been making my meals in advance, but i SHOULD! I feel like half of my day is spent making food. Luckily (or unluckily) I'm jobless for another couple of weeks otherwise I'd really be struggling.
  • ritz31545
    Options
    Could you give me an idea of what you eat on a daily basis? I'm trying to go by their nurtitional guide and I haven't made much progress. I feel like going by the nutritional guide is too much food and this might be why I haven't lost much.
  • Lorena831
    Lorena831 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week of insanity. So happy I got threw the first week even tho At times I thought I couldn't do it anymore. After I had my 2nd daughter 3 months ago and the weight didn't automatically drop off like with my first, I knew it was time to do something about it.
  • mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to eat 5 meals of 500 cals, which is still a little less than the plan recommends. I dropped below this for a couple of days and did NOT have the energy i needed for the workouts. I've kind of stalled out in terms of weight loss, but they say just keep going, you tend to retain water around your muscles while on such an intense routine. Also gaining muscle will throw you off if you're scale focused. I'm seeing results, a little frustrated and down right now because of the stall in weight loss, but just in a funk, need to keep working through it!
  • MakingApril
    Options
    Hi there! My name is April, I've been on MFP for about a year, and I've lost 31 pounds. I am not looking to try insanity just yet
    But I'm still looking to lose another 25 pounds, my biggest issue is staying on track, you help me & I help you? :)
    Feel free to add me
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day of insanity and I'm following the meal plan as best as I can
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I did month one of Insanity before my life got crazy with my kids soccer and girl scouts taking over.. I'll be starting back up on the 18th of November... You can add me... I've become a little bit of a fitness freak in the past few months.. I love helping people push them selves...
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    not doing Insanity but I am doing T25 (another ShaunT workout). Would be happy to help support you on your weight loss journey. Having a support system has been so helpful. Tara
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options