eating exercise calories

Van3ssa_2468
Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
When I complete my log through out the day, the info at the bottom will give me a note...

I am under the recommended calories and I will weigh 12 pounds less at the end of five weeks.
Logging at the 1200 cal a day with exercise calories left gives me a 10 pound loss in five weeks.
If I eat my exercise calories I will weigh 6-8 pounds less in the five week period.

My question is.......eat or not eat exercise calories?
Will I lose as long as I don't go over my total calories?

I know I have only just begun, but not sure how to go about this.

Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    I try and eat some of them. You might lose faster if you don't BUT if you're looking to make a lifestyle change, getting in the habit of eating some of life's yummiest food would be tough on a 1200 calorie diet....that's where I use my exercise calories. If I know there is going to be a birthday cake at work, I spend a little more time working out that day to allow for the calories. That way I'm not scrimping on the good stuff to squeeze that cake in....know what I mean.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    I try and eat some of them. You might lose faster if you don't BUT if you're looking to make a lifestyle change, getting in the habit of eating some of life's yummiest food would be tough on a 1200 calorie diet....that's where I use my exercise calories. If I know there is going to be a birthday cake at work, I spend a little more time working out that day to allow for the calories. That way I'm not scrimping on the good stuff to squeeze that cake in....know what I mean.

This is the correct way to do this and still be okay. Great Job!
  • fudJy23
    fudJy23 Posts: 87 Member
    Yup, basically what fitterpam said. I focus on the net calories for the day (what I've eaten minus what I've exercised off). I recently had my base metabolism measured and it's lower than I expected. For me to lose a pound a week, I'd have to consume 1057 calories a day. In order for me to eat dinner and still meet that goal, I have to exercise.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    When you work out, your body needs fuel. Try to make the extra calories you eat adequate, nutritionally.
This discussion has been closed.