Yo Yo Dieters?

Options
Hey, was wondering if anyone else has any tips.

I seem to always be in this situation. I get really into my weight loss, become obsessed and really enjoy it, then lose half a stone or so and fall back into bad habits, and without realising the weight slowly creeps back on.

Does anyone have any tips or share experiences on how I can stop yo yo dieting FOREVER this time?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think you hit on the problem when you say you "become obsessed." Many people embark on a weight loss program that is extreme and impossible to maintain for very long. They feel deprived, bored, often tired and ill, so they abandon it. You will find success if you create a plan that is moderate, sustainable, and enjoyable. If you feel satisfied both physically and emotionally, you will not abandon it.
  • cm2owl
    cm2owl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am such a yo yo dieter. I lose. I gain. I lose again. Then, of course, I gain again.

I need to find some consistency in my dieting. It is just simply ridiculous at times.

But as of now I am on the right track. If anyone has any suggestions I'll take them.

Christy
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Need to make it lifestyle change. Eating well and exercising is not a temporary thing. it is forever.
    I reccomend seeing a dietician that will create a meal plan that you should follow to lose weight, then be adjusted to maintain that weight.
    Also create a fitness plan that you will follow as much as you can per week... forever.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Need to make it lifestyle change. Eating well and exercising is not a temporary thing. it is forever.
    I reccomend seeing a dietician that will create a meal plan that you should follow to lose weight, then be adjusted to maintain that weight.
    Also create a fitness plan that you will follow as much as you can per week... forever.

/\ this

You have to know you can never go back to you old eating habits - because they make you fat!