Winter running gear

Options
Hello
I'm from Israel ant the winter is not that bad over here ....temp could be around 50 and hardly ever rain( at the part of the country were I live ) but could get very windy.
I need some advice as for what is best to wear at my runnings......what would you wear?
I'll be thankful if you could attach links to pics of the items as I'm new to the whole running thing and names of gear in English might not tell mr much .
Thank you
Lior

Replies

• RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wear layers. Have a T-shirt on, with a long sleeved shirt over, and a jacket (if needed). Then, as you warm up, you can take layers off as you need. If it is cold enough for hat and gloves, I personally prefer thinner ones. Even in the snow I tend to warm up enough that I want to take my gloves off and putting bulky ones into pockets can be uncomfortable. I also invested in a headlamp last year as running before or after work are both in the dark and there is not always light on the paths I run.

Hope this helps! Happy running!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    This site might be useful:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/cold-weather-running/comfort-zones

The website contains both photos and links to vendors, which also provide photos.

I think layering is good to keep in mind. When I ran regularly in cold weather (in Boston) I wore running pants that were insulated but that still wicked my sweat away from my skin. I also wore a vest (made of similar material) over my running shirt. That way I could zip and unzip it as needed.
  • brunotolosa
    Options
    Get a light weight compression top, then put a normal running tshirt on top.. Get gloves too.. I wear sometimes even if it's not too cold as we lose a lot of our body heat in our hands
  • liormintz
    liormintz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your answers..but if your wearing layers and you want to take off something ..... Were do you keep it while still running?