Fat around my hips!!

Options
Hi! My names Julie, and I've been running for like a year, maybe 1 and a half, and i really do like it. The first year, I've only been running 3 kilometers, but the last 3 months I've been running 5 km and last week i started 7 km. I can run them all without stopping, and the problem is that I'm not really, really fat. I just have this fat around my hips and my arms, it makes me look kinda big. I want to straighten up my hips. I'm a size 40 in EU but I wanna be a size 38 so badly. I eat really clean, my mom makes really healthy food everyday. My question is; Am I able to make it? Can i be a size 38? That's what I want too, but Ive been doing this healthy life for so long, my parents and grandparents are worried about me but i like it this way. So should I continue with running every second day, + eating super healthy and will i ever be able to get my dream body? Please, I've been so sad about this and I really want to make it.

Replies

• LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

First I had to do my research on EU sizes. So, your goal is to be a Size 8 (the equivalent to 38 EU in US) - that is not unrealistic by any means. If I were you, I'd consider doing more than just running. Perhaps some weight lifting, bicycling, etc. There's plenty of other exercises you can do. Sometimes we have genetics working against us but it doesn't mean we can't improve. Additionally, these kinds of changes do not happen quickly and so you have to learn to be patient. It looks like you're new to this site. If you haven't already done so, you should take and record your measurements and then check them again in a month. If you're doing things right, you should begin to see changes.

All the best to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It depends on your height and body type unfortunately.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    If you can feel that it's actually fat, you can lose it, sure :) It's when it's muscle and bone that you can't get into some sizes, and mine is higher than a lot of ladies', so I know what that's like, lol.

Maybe shoot for losing about 5 lbs to start with? It doesn't sound like it would be much weight, so just don't go big at first. Check your calories/TDEE to see about losing a few pounds slowly. Maybe TDEE-10 or 15%. See how that goes. The exercise is great and will figure into the whole equation. Good luck!

If your muscles are flabby, btw, definitely add in some strength training. Sometimes it's hard to tell in the arms for women whether it's fat or just muscles not used very often (triceps are bad at that). I've been working on my pecs, and those were indeed flabby, not fat :) It makes sense, since I don't use my pecs much in regular life.
  • JulieeeeJ
    Options
    Hi Julie,

First I had to do my research on EU sizes. So, your goal is to be a Size 8 (the equivalent to 38 EU in US) - that is not unrealistic by any means. If I were you, I'd consider doing more than just running. Perhaps some weight lifting, bicycling, etc. There's plenty of other exercises you can do. Sometimes we have genetics working against us but it doesn't mean we can't improve. Additionally, these kinds of changes do not happen quickly and so you have to learn to be patient. It looks like you're new to this site. If you haven't already done so, you should take and record your measurements and then check them again in a month. If you're doing things right, you should begin to see changes.

Thank you for your advice! I'm so glad that it's actually possible for me. Yes, I'm very new to this site, I had no idea you could do that! So I just measured my hips, and I'm gonna measure them again in a month. I'll definitely add some more cardio to my daily exercise. Thanks again for your advice! xo
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

Thank you for your advice! I'm so glad that it's actually possible for me. Yes, I'm very new to this site, I had no idea you could do that! So I just measured my hips, and I'm gonna measure them again in a month. I'll definitely add some more cardio to my daily exercise. Thanks again for your advice! xo

I would add some strength training to go with your cardio rather than adding more cardio.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I would add some strength training to go with your cardio rather than adding more cardio.

This...start lifting heavy things....I am already a size 8 and I do not do cardio...bleck.

I will be a size 6 before I am done and to be frank genetics really doesn't come into play here only clothing styles...
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Try the butt bible dvd helped me in that area, do uphill runs, make it more strenuous, go walk/run in the sand.
  • Hi Julie,

This...start lifting heavy things....I am already a size 8 and I do not do cardio...bleck.

I will be a size 6 before I am done and to be frank genetics really doesn't come into play here only clothing styles...

I agree. And strength training, not more cardio.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    If you want to be smaller, you have to create a calorie deficit. Period.

"Eating healthy" and sweating like a pig will get you other health benefits I guess, but on their own, they will not make you smaller. Not without a calorie deficit. If you aren't tracking everything you eat religiously, and staying under an ACCURATE TDEE average, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    So you are eating "clean" and running. Are you tracking calories? It is entirely possible for you to be eating the exact amount of calories it takes to maintain your current weight even though you are eating clean. Eating "clean" and "health" doesn't automatically mean eating at a deficit.