Not losing while doing Insanity and Running

Options
I have been running and doing Insanity for 5 weeks and have only lost 3.6 pounds....but 8 inches. When do the pounds catch up with the inches or do I just ignore the scale. I'm burning around 700-800 calories a day and eating around 1200. Thanks for any help. Feeling frustrated.

Replies

• AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For that level of activity 1200 seems incredibly low. Are you eating back your calories following your workouts? I would recommend looking up your BMR to make sure you are getting enough calories and nutrients. A person shouldn't eat below their BMR, mine is 1615 and I've continually lost weight eating that amount as well as eating back my calories following a workout.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    So you're only netting 400 - 500 calories a day?

I'm no doctor and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night but I'm going to go ahead and say that I doubt the healthiness of your program.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary would help. However, if you are truly eating "around" 1200 calories and burning 700-800 a day, you will lose a MASSIVE amount of weight doing Insanity & running. There is no way you wouldn't. Netting only 400-500 calories a day is going to lead you down a very undesirable path. You will burn out and lose muscle mass. When I was doing the entire Insanity program, I needed to consume 2000+ calories a day, and I was still losing weight even when I didn't want to lose! Are you logging everything you eat? Measuring and weighing your food? If you continue to do what you do, you'll lose weight, but it won't be healthy for you. Please consider altering your plan so you'll be able to stay healthy while losing.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    So you're only netting 400 - 500 calories a day?

I'm no doctor and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night but I'm going to go ahead and say that I doubt the healthiness of your program.
    Much truthiness here.