Seeing my body transform before my eyes.

Options
I have been seriously trying to lose weight since May 31st. For the first time I had set an actual long term goal weight. My goal is 150lbs. I started at 262lbs. That meant I had to lose a staggering 112lbs. I knew I had alot of weight to lose but never really wrapped my head around how much. I honestly was not sure if I could ever pull it off. As of this morning I have lost 50 lbs and I can't even guess at how many inches. I was a size 18- 20 pants and now my 14's are lose. I went from wearing a 9 in underwear to a 7. And I went from a 2 XL shirt to a L. I still have a ways to go but it just dawned on me that I am only 6 lbs away from being half way to my goal. I will reach that half way mark by thanksgiving and then I will be under 200lbs by Christmas. I am more determined then ever before. I have a plan, support, and the right state of mind. Nothing will stop me this time.

Replies

• Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have done an amazing job. Keep up the good work.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I know it feels awesome because I'm in the same boat! Congrats, can't stop, won't stop! :smooched:
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I know how you feel!
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    Great job!! I'm sure it feels amazingly wonderful!
  • olivesparkles
    Options
    Congratulations! Hearing of your persistence is inspiring.
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Your doing great!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I had more to lose than you, but I did get super excited when I hit the half way mark...and then the "last trimester" as I called it...and what do you know, I'm now almost down to my last fourth. It's been slow going and frustrating at times, but just keep on doing what you're doing and it will be here before you know it! Congrats on your success so far :)
  • Diefeinbaker
    Diefeinbaker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I started dieting I was also 262lb, we will get there!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but I am so happy for you!
    I know you're gonna make it to your goal and be even more beautiful than you are today.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. All this love and support. Just 1 reason why I love this site.
  • ZTazlor
    ZTazlor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That is simply awesome, you are simply awesome. Great work!!! :)
  • Believe752
    Options
    Congratulations, your story is amazing and incredibly inspirational. Which is exactly what I've come to this message board to find!

I'm finding some trouble motivating myself to really commit to this life change. I find myself holding onto the bad foods that I love and having trouble getting to the gym on a daily basis. Can you offer any words of wisdom as far as how you made the changes in the beginning of your journey & how you stuck with them? Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!! You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Isn't it great when you get that baggy feeling and have to go shopping for a smaller size?
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Congratulations keep up the great work!
  • rschwabe1
    Options
    Awesome work!! I love hearing and seeing about these lifestyle transformations.
  • syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    Well done Hun , amazing achievement , keep going you will do it :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,996 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an inspiration! I've been scared to actually put my ultimate dream weight in as a goal, and have been occasionally setting slightly lower goals from an original goal of about 25 pounds, because 82 pounds (from my SW) seemed so overwhelming. I think I'll go lower my goal again right now.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an inspiration! I've been scared to actually put my ultimate dream weight in as a goal, and have been occasionally setting slightly lower goals from an original goal of about 25 pounds, because 82 pounds (from my SW) seemed so overwhelming. I think I'll go lower my goal again right now.

I am the same way. I put my ultimate goal weight on here so I can see my overall progress but I keep a list at home. On the list I picked important dates to me over the next year and set smaller goals to reach by those dates. It has really helped to give me a set time to work toward smaller goals and stay accountable.