control food cravings before period???????????

Options
Hello ladies!!

Suffering from sereve PMS symtoms and one of them is food cravings!!! its exremely difficult to not over eat or avoid unhealthy options. I know some of the science behind it. sugar levels and high cortisol levels hence making it hard to avoid bad foods. Won't bore you with it. I was just wondering if anyone has a way of dealing with it to control those urges? I take primrose oil which does help but doesnt totally diminsh the symptoms.

Any advice appreciated

Replies

• BrittNelson86
    BrittNelson86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Excercise when you get a craving, drink lots of water, if it is still there grab something healthy to make up for the "bad" food. I always want sweet and salty, so instead of chocolate dipped pretzels I try to eat an apple or some gluten free chips, etc.
    Good luck.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Excercise when you get a craving, drink lots of water, if it is still there grab something healthy to make up for the "bad" food. I always want sweet and salty, so instead of chocolate dipped pretzels I try to eat an apple or some gluten free chips, etc.
    Good luck.

Thanks i am trying with nuts and rasins even tho i am eating slighty more than usual still better then eating a chocolate bar.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

Thanks i am trying with nuts and rasins even tho i am eating slighty more than usual still better then eating a chocolate bar.

depends on the brand of chocolate bar ;). If I crave something, I tend to make it fit into my macros. Even halving it for the next day is worth doing if you're a tad short on daily allowance.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Good luck.

dont you ever overeat that item? or go over?
    depends on the brand of chocolate bar ;). If I crave something, I tend to make it fit into my macros. Even halving it for the next day is worth doing if you're a tad short on daily allowance.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

"dont you ever overeat that item? or go over?"

I haven't overeaten since I've been calorie counting. I pretty much set up most of my day the night before (portioning things in the fridge or planning other quick ideas). It makes my life so much less hectic because before MFP, I did have a bad problem with raiding my fridge and cabinets on any down time I had with my toddler. I will admit, around my period I do tend to be hungrier. I try to keep myself busy, make sure I'm drinking plenty of water.