Clean calories VS unclean

Options

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    OP, you so nice. Please carry on with the juice fast, you're on the right path! :flowerforyou:
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I find that clean calories tend to be much more filling than unclean.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    With that said...can someone tell me if someone ate only raw veggie and fruits compared to same amount of calories in processed food how does the weight loss compare.

No difference.
    Okay now compare juiced veggies and fruits to processed food as in weight loss.

No difference.

Agreed.

But the difference will lie in how someone would FEEL doing either:

1) eating at only raw fruit/veg and/or juice fast

2) eating an array of things - say, fruit, veg & some processed - but not the highly processed - food.

The difference would be:

1) - someone will no doubt feel pretty rubbish, deprived, be experiencing sugar highs and crashes (especially with the fruit juice), irritable, hungry, anxious, hangry (that is hungry/angry)

2) - someone would feel much more satisfied, energetic and.......sane.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie, even if you choose not to believe it... There would be no difference in weightloss if the deficit is the same. That is about as to the point as I can get.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

That would entirely depend on what meals you are comparing and what you consider clean. For breakfast - a sausage and egg McMuffin keeps me fuller than most other breakfast, including steel cut oats (clean depending on which version of clean you subscribe to)
    But my favourite restaurant's free range chicken with guacamole and spinach salad also fills me up better than a noodle bowl.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Great post for reference. @ironfeline - I don't think you are an idiot :flowerforyou:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Wow OP! Great way to gain friends! Being rude to the people you are asking for help AND doing something as stupid as a VLCD with all juice.

This site is for HEALTHY weight loss, not people who starve themselves and believe in juice fasts.
  • pattijean60
    pattijean60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    based on your food diary and times that you.mention stop intake at 2:30 your juicing will come to a quick stall soon. you are taking in less than 1200 calories a day and your body will soon go into starvation mode. I recommend you read choose to lose by Chris Powell. it will show you how you need protein and you are not getting any.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Bump for reference
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    It may, or may not be effective, but from everything I've see on here juicing sure does seem to make people pleasant, and happy.

BruceAngry.gif
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    The word retard is generally unacceptable in social circles with an ounce of class or empathy.

Perhaps in the future you could choose your words with more care than you choose your diet methods.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Depends on a number of factors, including:

1) how it impacted how you felt and therefore indirectly your energy levels
    2) macro mix
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

What is clean? What is unclean?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    The word retard is generally unacceptable in social circles with an ounce of class or empathy.

Perhaps in the future you could choose your words with more care than you choose your diet methods.

Pretty offensive OP in general.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    She's on a low calorie juice fast - she is not going to like any of your answers. :noway:

I knew there would be a idiot...

Correct, but you're confused as to who that is.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    This thread went exactly as I had envisioned given the mood that was set.

If you're getting proper nutrition, where it came from seems. ..irrelevant? As, to my understanding calorie deficit=weight loss? I'm still new at this but I don't quite understand clean/unclean. Does washing my Butterfinger make it clean?
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This is an enjoyable thread!
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like your question and your opening line. Though having worked with developmentally disable I would have prefer "Only Serious Answers please":smile:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I LIKE DIRTY FOOD!!

bcc7e-joke.png?w=560
  • keegalie
    Options
    I'm sorry, but go be what somewhere else???

Exactly what I thought. I can't believe people are still using that word in that context. Ignorant.
This discussion has been closed.