What Does 200 Lb 5'6" look like?

Options
Does anybody remember Weight Loss Clinic? It was good, provided you didn't mind spending $15/lb on it. I lost 65 pounds on that, decades ago. They did counselling and food journals and promoted exercise and the biggest problem with it was lack of support at maintenance weight.

So I lost 65 lb. and wound up at 145 lb.

I got hit on by all sorts of low lives and quickly gained the impression that I wanted nothing to do with any of them. In fact it scared the hell out of me because I had never been that "popular". Consequently, I gained all the weight back and got left alone again. Blissfully.

Here's the interesting thing. When I looked at myself naked in the bathroom mirror at 210 and again at 145, I could see no real difference. Whatever's wrong with my brain, I have no idea but there it is.

Some years later, I have reached the conclusion that if that happens again, I will tell them to pfo in the nicest possible way and feel no angst over disappointing them.

In the meantime, I still have that body image thing to contend with, so I found this site:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

It's not exactly comprehensive but it gave me some ideas at least as to what I should look like at my goal weight and what weight I would have to be (roughly) to match what I would like to be in my mind's eye.

What I learned is that I probably stopped 15 lbs. short of what I should have done all those years ago.

It's a good thing I'm still learning ;)

Mirii

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You are a SAINT! I constantly Google "5ft 7 11stone" or "5ft 7 10stone" in the hope that I might see example. That website is an utter TREASURE! Obviously it'll vary on accuracy because of lifestyle - working out and such - as well as the clothes the people are wearing, but at the moment you have my respect! :D

I'm glad you're learning. I can empathise because I'm starting to get attention from unwanted eyes, too, and I can't understand why because the scales still tell me they shouldn't be.
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Wow...I just looked at that site...just shows what my brain sees in the mirror isn't always reality...Thanks for sharing.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    bump
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Wow! Thanks!

*BUMP*
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have used that site before. I do like it but, it's hard to tell if that's really what I look like at that weight. People distribute weight differently so 220lb me may drastically differ from 220lb you. It is a good site tho and I am glad you reminded me of it again. I have not been on there in a long time. Gonna check it out now!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and you are absolutely right...............I have lost alot of weight and still see kind of the same thing in the mirror.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Are you sure this sight is real? Lol I really have a messed up imagine of myself then.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    p.s. another site:

http://www.mvm.com/cs/ (my virtual model)

You can "shop" for clothes from different merchants and try them on to see how you would look. Same idea, enter body shape and weight and such. Works better for smaller gals cuz there is more variety but it is still nice
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    thanks I'll have to look this up.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As a woman who has battled anorexia on and off, seeing this site helps me see that at my goal weight (110 from 150ish), I will be looking so good! For a while I was thinking that I will look huge at 110 compared to my "happiest" weight of 100, but now I understand that I need to get over myself and see that 110 is AWESOME! Thanks!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    cool site
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    THIS, my dear, is a really great thing. I have always struggled with body image, as well. I could never really tell I was gaining until my clothes became uncomfortable. I had been a dancer all my life and when I hit my early 20s, I started losing parts because I was too tall, bottom too big, what have you. I became enraged and stopped keeping food journals, started eating whatever I wanted, which was everything that had been restricted for years. After a couple years of this, I ended up around 5'8", 185 lbs. I woke up one day and just said, "Enough!" So, I stopped eating sugar, carbs, anything and did minor workouts (I knew NOTHING about what I was really doing). I ended up losing 65 lbs in 4.5 months. Probably too drastic. But in some ways, that has been the worst thing I ever did. It made me cocky. I got pregnant a year or so later. I kept gaining weight, but I kept saying, "It's fine. When I feel like it, I know I can drop this weight. I've done it before."

Now, I am 30. And I started out here at 211 lbs (my ticker doesn't show it because I refused to buy a scale when I first started and just GUESSED my starting weight was 200 lbs... I was sorely mistaken... see what I mean?) I am now 196 lbs, but I still have a long way to go. I look at myself a lot in the mirror and I still see what I looked like at 120 lbs. I see things I don't like, of course, but I guess my brain just doesn't make the connection. It helps to see these pictures of "me"s. Again, thank you SO MUCH!!
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is really cool but, unless my image of myself is really distored, not accurate for me (193 lbs, so I looked at 190, size 12/14 and 5'3. My last 3 pairs of pants were all 12s so thats what I stuck with. I honestly felt that those people were significantly bigger than me! For instance, many people that were a size 12 at 5'3 were lighter than me by 10 lbs and they look AWESOME. It does really help to see the differences.

I did a search just for 190 and a size 12 with hourglass, and the people were all 6 inches taller than me, lol!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    WOW this is awesome! I think its very accurate as I did 5'2"/130 and it looked alot like me only my legs are smaller. I did 5'2"/110 and it absolutely could have been me in that pic 10 yrs ago! Great incentive to get back to where I belong! Thanks!
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    this woman is in SERIOUS denial! http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-924-body-shape.htm#img 166 lbs???
  • art2010
    art2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this site. I just read some of the stories - all incredibly touching - full of truth and sadness. Its a great opportunity to reflect on how I feel about my weight and my choices and to recognize personal strength.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thats pretty much exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks for posting! I'm really motivated to reach my goal weight now and look freaking awesome :)
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    this woman is in SERIOUS denial! http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-924-body-shape.htm#img 166 lbs???

I think 166 lbs is believable. She just carries it all in her belly.
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    I have used that site before. I do like it but, it's hard to tell if that's really what I look like at that weight. People distribute weight differently so 220lb me may drastically differ from 220lb you. It is a good site tho and I am glad you reminded me of it again. I have not been on there in a long time. Gonna check it out now!

In my case it showed several pics and I chose the one with the same pants and shirt size and it looked pretty accurate