Just started and positive this will work!

Options
Hi! I'm a sixty-three year old who is not looking to enjoy the typical "grandma" lifestyle. I was widowed eight years ago and was lucky enough to meet a wonderful man five years ago to share my life with. I have moved to the desert of New Mexico and have been introduced to a much more active lifestyle, camping, ATVing, hiking, gardening, etc. I thank God for my good fortune and want to get as healty as possible to enjoy my life and new adventures as long as possible. I've never been much of a joiner in weight loss programs but am so encited to have found this one. I know I can do this. I am looking to find support and advice from others who have embarked on this weight loss journey later in life.

Replies

• dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Welcome...You will like this site..the motivation and support is awesome.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

You have such a great attitude right from the start -- I love it! And by coming on this site, you can get all of the support and motivation you need! Feel free to friend me!

Trisha
  • suzzilady
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 62 years old and into this program for just four weeks and have lost 13.2 lbs. to date. I am convinced it does work. I've yo-yo'd for years and have done every diet out there, and yes I did loose weight sometimes lots and sometimes none and my dad has been telling me for years, his doctor told him 50 or more years ago that the only way to loose weight is to count calories!
    Well I have to say dad, you are right and so was your doctor. I am basically eating anything I want to as long as it fits in my calorie
    range it's ok. and the last four weeks has proven that..... Horay ! ! for MFP......:heart::heart: :heart:
  • ppennington
    Options
    we have a lot in common. Shall we keep up with each other and share tips, encouragement and information?