Routines..

Options
Is it good / better to have a routine to your days? From when you do stuff, to when you eat, what you eat, when you excercise, ect?

I have no routine at all, I eat when I'm hungry and I eat what I feel like (Not really unhealthy stuff, still within my limits). And I feel like its a mess, just going as it goes.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is it good / better to have a routine to your days? From when you do stuff, to when you eat, what you eat, when you excercise, ect?

I have no routine at all, I eat when I'm hungry and I eat what I feel like (Not really unhealthy stuff, still within my limits). And I feel like its a mess, just going as it goes.

if having a routine works for you, then have one...

i have the same routine for workdays, but then on the weekend it really depends what i am doing to when i eat/workout.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I find that for me having a routine keeps me sticking to it more. I do set a goal for myself and then follow it, for example run 10k under certain time, or to be able to lift a certain eight, or to lose a certain amount of fat until certain date. What motivates me is that if I skip a day then there is no going back - you can't move today in tomorrow. While if I don't have everything planned it's too easy for me to get off the leash cos I can move my workout in tomorrow cos I don't have exact goal and eating few calories more doesnt matter cos I don't have a set date for weight loss. So yes, I thing having a routine and a specific program as well as clear goals set is a good thing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. Things are different every day anyway with my workouts, or when I get hungry, if it's nice enough to go for a walk or not etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

if having a routine works for you, then have one...

i have the same routine for workdays, but then on the weekend it really depends what i am doing to when i eat/workout.

This.

Meal timing and frequency have no baring on weight loss. I personally have a workout routine and i find it really beneficial. When I deviate from it, I don't see as much progress.