I can eat anything I want!

Options
2»

Replies

• hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    Way to go! As an (unfortunately) frequent dieter who finally reached her goal I know how important it is to do it on your terms and with what you feel comfortable doing. There will always be slow times on the scale (look at the way cloths fit or measurements instead on those days) and there will be "ravenous" days, and special occasions, but as long as you get back to it the next meal or the next day, you can recover!

My hubby is now on the journey with me. I got the bulk of it down and inspired him to do the same. I don't know how many times we tell each other "I can't afford that tonight" or "I don't have enough left tonight" if one suggests going out to eat where the other doesn't have enough calories to go.

I am in lifting mode now.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!

I tell people I'm on a "see food, eat food" diet when they ask me how I'm losing weight, and that I track every calorie I put into my mouth. I also do TDEE - 20%. I drive my parents nuts when I weigh everything at their house, but it works.

Good luck and you've got this marathon in the bag.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This feels sustainable

Sustainable. IMO, that's the magic word. I too am tired of random people "advising" me that I'm doing it all wrong despite the success I'm enjoying. Especially when some of those people are not 1. Female 2. Over 50 and 3. Post Menopausal. Let them deal with that combination of factors before they go about telling me what I should be doing based on what works for them as a 30 something male. What I've figured out for myself is healthy, sustainable and works for me.

Kudos to you that you've figured out early on that the only person you should listen to is YOU!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something has finally clicked for you, that is awesome! It has taken me 3 years to lose and keep 50 pounds off.... but moderation and movement have been the key for me, and for many others that I have seen! Congratulations and keep up the great work!:drinker:
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wonderful attitude! Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • aphrodite0727
    aphrodite0727 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of looking at this like a budget and saying things like "I can't afford that tonight". I can always make sure I have enough for it tomorrow if I really want it! I think this way of thinking will help me a lot! :D

I'm a visual person, would it be silly if I used fake money as my calories? lol
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have the right attitude and approach so far. The first few weeks are a lot of water weight lost so you are right it will slow down and balance out. 10lbs is great in two weeks. I lost 8 my first two weeks. I also eat anything I want and never feel deprives. sounds like you will get to your goals in no time. Keep it up.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of looking at this like a budget and saying things like "I can't afford that tonight". I can always make sure I have enough for it tomorrow if I really want it! I think this way of thinking will help me a lot! :D

I'm a visual person, would it be silly if I used fake money as my calories? lol

actually I look at it like a budge too and I love love the idea fake money for each day.