Just for Today

Options

Replies

• acb2144
    acb2144 Posts: 34
    Options
    Just for today: No all or nothing thinking! Running out of time for a workout does not mean I then go treat-happy!
  • acb2144
    Options
    Just for today: I will get engrossed in my (creative) work and save time for a workout.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: Stress is not a reason to eat.
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what I did last winter. I know what I need to do. I had lost some weight and then did just what you did. I now don't like the way that weight back on me feels! Lousy! I am back now, going to take it one day at a time. Thanks for putting into words what I need to do to keep the motivation. I'm committing to today and then recommitting for tomorrow. Thank you for this post!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,323 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will get it done without complaint because it feels so darn good to check it off my list!
  • RebaCarol
    Options
    I love this and so needed it today! Thanks!... Just for today I will forget the past and focus on the future!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

"Just for today" is a 12-step motto. I stay clean "just for today" and have every day for three years, one month and 10 days. Tomorrow is not promised and yesterday is over. Keep it up. But remember, just like in recovery, I can't avoid every situation jsut because I don't get high or drink anymore. The world is going to continue to spin, people are going to continue to drink and do stuff, I just dont have to. But I don't avoid special occations just because there will be booze there. Although alcohol was not a "problem" for me, I won't drink and that's that but I can enjoy company.

It's ultimately about balance. Now, I don't care what anyone says, over eating is not going to cause a person to lose their home, prostitute for a candy bar or sell their wedding ring for a Drake's cake.. If you feel that you can't have one darn cookie, I think that's a bit much. But, well, everybody has their cross to bear, I guess and if it works for you, then do it.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will walk past my trigger foods because I choose to and get my 15,000 steps in. ...man! my snark wants out in a really bad way...:huh:
  • acb2144
    Options
    Just for today: I'm going to do the workout in the evening even though I put it off in the morning.
    And I did! Hurray!
    Yes, cpanus, I had to resist hitting reply in irritation yesterday. Rise above! Rise above!
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will not obsess over food and/or the scale and let it ruin my beautiful weekend away.
  • acb2144
    Options
    Just for today: steady on! I will not let all the good choices I made this week suddenly trigger self-sabotage.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stick to my grocery list and NOT go down those aisles.
  • jlvlcek
    jlvlcek Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will forget about what I ate yesterday and get back on track
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: I will not give in to the tantrums of my inner 6 year old.:noway:
  • SloRose
    SloRose Posts: 67
    Options
    Just for today, I will love myself enough to make myself proud!!

Wow, I love this, thank you!
  • SloRose
    SloRose Posts: 67
    Options
    Just for Today: I will forget about what I ate yesterday and get back on track

This
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will have patience and understanding.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I won't be tempted by the warm gooey treats brought in this morning. I will stick to my plan.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    May I join you? I love this thread!!

It certainly is what I need every morning!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I won't be tempted by the warm gooey treats brought in this morning. I will stick to my plan.

This again...They did it in another department on our floor this morning and invited everyone! EGAD!