Help...Need to buy wedding dress, but not at goal weight

Options
13»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to buy your dress now for a May wedding ??

Unless you buy off the rack, 6-9 months ahead is common for ordering, making and alterations to the dress.

I see....! Thanks for clarity.

I bought mine off the rack 2 weeks before and they were able to make simple alterations in a quick time with no Up-charge. But then, I wanted to save my money for my house and not a dress :laugh:
    Do know that several sizes in alterations is really a "Do Over" for seamstresses.

I am so glad I'm not the only hillbilly over here like "Just get it 2 weeks before" haha ;-P

My first wedding, I wore a friend's expensive full-frills bridal gown and didn't get it altered. She was about 1/2 size larger than me and the dress gaped a bit in the back and arms but it did the trick just fine and photos looked good lol. The second time I married it was in an off-the-rack Ralph Lauren cocktail dress bought for 90% off...so I am clearly not a wedding gown expert.

A friend of mine recently got married, though, and she bought her dress 2 months early online for $100 (HUGE clearance) but the alterations (to make it smaller) cost nearly $300.