Why am I still a size 18

Options
2»

Replies

• LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love your hourglass shape. Looking great OP!

Also, start some type of strength/weight training. Cardio alone is not a good path to be on - you don't want to end up "skinny fat".
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    This year I went from 178 pounds and size 12/14 jeans down to 137 pounds and size 10 jeans -- just one size. I read somewhere on MFP that a lot of women go down a pants size every 30 pounds or so.

You're doing all the right things. Just keep at it and the weight will eventually come off.
  • KnittedZombie
    KnittedZombie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lost 28 pounds before going down a size. At this point, I've lost 63 pounds and have only gone down to a size 14. (Started at an 18). It's frustrating. I know.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others who are saying you don't look like a size 18 in your pictures. That being said, if you're anything like me it takes a lot of loss or gain to change a size. I'm 5'10 and can gain 20 pounds (I tend to gain and lose evenly all over) and still fit in the same clothes. That's how it creeps up on me. On the flip side, I'm not going to drop a size with anything less than 20-25 pounds. I think it all depends on height and weight distribution. I have friends that are almost a foot shorter than me that can lose 5 pounds and look like they had the kind of change it took me 50 pounds to accomplish. Don't worry about the numbers. Worry about what you look and feel like.
  • ec371
    ec371 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the tag says if you look hot in the jeans?? You look fabulous OP - keep doing what you are doing and focus on how you feel!
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well speaking for myself... may not be true for you: by the time I decided to start on this journey I was busting out of my size 18's and they were stretched out ( But I had steadfastly refused to by size 20's). Therefore... the first 20 or so pounds made me a true size 18. Now that I'm down -36 I'm a true size 16.

This is me too. I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't really fit into my current size jeans before (no matter how much I tell myself I did). Therefore, just being able to wear all of my jeans at this size is a HUGE accomplishment despite the fact that I haven't actually dropped a size yet with 27lbs lost so far.

OP you look fantastic no matter what your size is. Keep doing what you're doing because it is clearly working :)
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It depends on the cut of the clothing, too. I went shopping over the weekend, tried on a dress and was grumbling that it was the same size...but ended up buying another dress I liked more, two sizes smaller to boot. :glasses:

Brands definitely matter! Most of my clothes are 14 but in Levi's a 12 is a little loose and I can even get into a 10, although it is pretty snug.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Thats what I dont get, im showing signs of a six pac yet my fat *kitten* lol is still squeezing into a size 18. I took measurements today like suggested and they havent budged either even my stomach which has nodoubtedly gotten smaller. Maybe I did it wrong

I'm having a really hard time believing you're an 18. Are you talking junior sizes, so like a 17/18? That is smaller than a misses 18. Also, are you really tall?

Either way, as hard as it is to accept, you may just be that size. You look FAR better than I do, and I wear a size 8. So be proud LOL!

Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. I was an 18 at about 250 pounds. I'm around 220 now, a 14, and MUCH larger than the OP. When I go to the juniors I wear a 17.