I've hit a plateau for the first time... UGH!

Options
Hi all!

Sooo, I think I've hit that evil, dreaded plateau!

It's been 16 days and I haven't lost a single ounce. It's really, really discouraging to me.

I've been losing weight consistently since August 15th, lost about 31 pounds until now, but I still have another 20 pounds to go. I really tried to avoid this stage by changing up my meals as I went along and changed around my work out routines everyday. (One day I'll go long-distance running, one day I'll do HIIT running, another day I'll do dancing and/or elliptical).

Any ideas on how to bust out of this? Or just wait it out?

I eat 2,100 calories a day (after exercise it comes down to 1,700-1,800 daily), mostly lean meats, whole grains/wheat, fruits, veggies, and nuts and seeds. Sometimes I do have a day here or there when I eat something processed (like a Subway sandwhich or Panera soup, etc).

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted (decreased) your daily calorie limit to account for your new smaller self? After every 10lb. loss, MFP should be prompting you to update your diet profile. But in looking at your ticker, perhaps MFP doesn't recognize your 31lb. weight loss.

Double check all of your settings. Make adjustments if needed. Then go to:

My Home>>Goals>>Change Goals>>Custom. Review all information and manually overtype the calories consumed number if needed.

On the right hand side of the screen under Your Diet Profile you will see "Calories burned from normal daily activity." You need to be eating less than that number to create a deficit.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your food diary? What are your stats?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    16 days is not a plateau. A plateau is 6 weeks or more. Are you weighing all your food?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Patience Patience Patience.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing.. Muscles have memory so if you throw in something you've never done before that may help! Patience is the key and don't give up! You can do it!
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Either be very strict with your cals workouts, water, sodium everything for another week or two, or work out more. After that just eat less and do what you've been doing before.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Your math is wrong. Fix it, and you'll lose weight.:flowerforyou: