23 year old triying to get healthy!

Good morning everybody!!!

I've been a member of myfitnesspal for quite some time but never stuck to it or to working out. This time around it's different. I'm 23 years old size 14. I can't run for more than 4 minutes and I am so out of shape. I am 180lb and I want to lose about 40-45lb. I want to be lean and toned. It feels as it's only a dream but I know I can do it if I try hard enough and discipline myself. After having a gym membership for almost a year and only using 1-3 times I decided enough was enough on Saturday 11/02/2013. I am done being over weight, done not being able to run for more than 4 minutes, done being unhealthy, done not buying the clothes I would want to wear lol. On Saturday I decided to get up at 9 a.m and went to the gym with my bf, speed walked and lightly jogged a mile. I wanted to give up but I didn't let my self. Yesterday (Sunday) I also went to the gym in the afternoon and tried jogging more on and off then slow walking but this time on a "hill" on the treatmill. This morning I did something I've never done before. Woke up at 5:30am and headed on over to the gym I speed walked /jogged a mile, and did some upper body work outs and had a Raw Meal (Garden of life) shake. I feel awesome it's my 3rd day and I don't want to give up. I don't want to be a quitter! I can do it I need to stick to it.

I've thought about vlogging and posting on youtube my journey on loosing 40lb but not sure, if I should.
How ever I do have an instagram and I do post healthy meals and things like that if any one would like to follow me @ pixiiev !

It is nice meeting you all I hope we all reach our goals and NEVER GIVE UP!

-Pixiiev

-23 yr old college student and working full time trying to get healthy and in shape
=]

Replies

• LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Hey there! I'm sure you'll reach your goal, just don't quit! I have been working out for a bit over a month also as I need to lose some weight. Feel free to friend me if you'd like :)
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Hey! I'm 23 years old as well and trying to get healthy while going to college!
    Let's be friends! Add me if you want :)
  • Thanks guys! We can do it !

Feel free to add me as a friend =]
  • I'm also working full time and going to school pretty much full time while trying to lose weight. It's hard to balance all those demands on my time, but I think it'll be easier to MAKE time for being healthy with support.
  • I'll add you...we are around the same age group with the same issues lol.