pizza!

Options
2»

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you really need to just fulfill your craving... If not, you'll eat other "healthier" things to try and fill that craving but you'll still want the pizza.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If you have carbs like pizza, just make sure that you always have some kinda protein with it and a veggie. Then it will balance out your blood sugar and you will still lose weight. If you are having like 4 pieces of cheese pizza with doritos or something you will gain weight cuz its all carbs on top of carbs without protein or veggies. But if you instead have like 2 small slices of some kinda meat pizza and have a side salad with it or something like that then it will balance your blood sugar cuz you will have the right proportions of protein,carbs, n veggies and you will still lose weight.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Ugh you're not alone, today my boyfriend ate some cold old pizza and even that smelled just so amazing hah! I look at these cravings as a test of will power and passing them just makes you that much more determined and serious about your weight loss. good luck and stay strong :)

Actually, I don't ignore cravings. I have the item I am craving but in moderation and in proper portions. Why shouldn't you? In fact, I believe it is healthier to find a way to incorporate your favorite foods in your plan. I refuse to give up cake, pizza, and burgers for the rest of my life so I don't give them up now.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    If you have carbs like pizza, just make sure that you always have some kinda protein with it and a veggie. Then it will balance out your blood sugar and you will still lose weight. If you are having like 4 pieces of cheese pizza with doritos or something you will gain weight cuz its all carbs on top of carbs without protein or veggies. But if you instead have like 2 small slices of some kinda meat pizza and have a side salad with it or something like that then it will balance your blood sugar cuz you will have the right proportions of protein,carbs, n veggies and you will still lose weight.

You gain weight from too many calories. Period.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Having California Kitchen Sicilian thin crust in about 10 mins. A third of the pizza for 360! I could eat the whole thing, but I WON'T..............that's the beauty of eating what you want, and making good choices.

:glasses: :glasses: :love: :love:
  • raquelserna7
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, you can eat it as long as you're not scarfing down an xl by yourself. Whenever I crave pizza, but I don't feel like giving in completely, I've used a piece of whole wheat (English muffin, slice of bread, pita, etc.) add some marinara and a bit of cheese and throw it under the broiler, and wah-lah, pizza!
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you have to say "I can't" rather than "I don't" when thinking about any kind of food, you haven't made sustainable changes and any results will vanish when you are no longer able to say "I can't"

If you want pizza, have some, just don't have the whole pizza and fit it into your day by either tweaking the rest of your food for the day, increasing your activity or both...

I've lost a ton of weight without taking anything off my menu, I just don't put as much of it on my plate...

^ This!

Your changes should be sustainable long term... are you really NEVER going to eat pizza again? If not then find a way to fit it in...
    I think the one you had sounds delicious! Then again I also love tomato pie (with no cheese) and veggie topped pizzas... but if you're looking for a traditional pizza with cheese, then have it! If you try to ignore your desire for it, your just going to end up binging on it another time.
    Also, you can try making your own at home. I'm a huge fan of english muffin pizzas... the muffin is about 100 calories, some sauce, some mozzarella cheese, some cheddar, some parm... I can measure it out so I keep track and it satisfies me. Of course, sometimes you just want REAL pizza too - so I have a slice (or 2!)
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    The only thing I see wrong with the pizza is a lack of cheese. Add some back in and you've got a complete meal - protein, fat, carbs and veggies. There is no need to eliminate cheese, just eat an appropriate amount that can fit in your calorie allowance.

this

seriously id die without pizza, i have a real one (well with cheese haha) every two weeks, it fits my weekly macros and thats all taht matter...pluis im effin happy after it haha, or should i say my buds are
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    My sustainable diet includes pizza but not just any pizza, most are nasty tasting and the reason I built a wood burning pizza oven on the property.......it does a great job with steak and chicken too. :wink:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Eat the pizza. This is a really good guide for filling out your diary and fitting in treats. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity

This.

Plus protein and fat are your friend - not your enemy. You should be getting adequate amounts of both in your diet. I would suggest doing some research and reading before you decide that cutting meats and cheese from your diet is the best plan.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with pizza. Just fit it into your calorie and macro targets!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Pizza is awesome!!!!
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Wrong... If you are in a deficit you will lose weight. Carbs don't magically make you gain weight. Plus if you eat a cheese pizza you are getting MORE than just carbs.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I find pizza actually helps me run.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    As with anything else, it's best to make your own. Be careful to read the label on the sauce if you use a store bought. Too many pizza sauces sneak in extra calories with oils and sweeteners. I think leaving off the meat and cheese is a great idea.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with pizza. Just fit it into your calorie and macro targets!

^^^ this.

pizza2big_zps2fca7fca.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    As with anything else, it's best to make your own. Be careful to read the label on the sauce if you use a store bought. Too many pizza sauces sneak in extra calories with oils and sweeteners. I think leaving off the meat and cheese is a great idea.

so just ketchup on bread??
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with pizza. Pizza is really just a very tasty open cheese and tomato sandwich! I have pizza a couple of times a month, when we have "movie night" in front of the TV at home. I just make sure I have enough calories left to indulge and I usually have a cardio session beforehand to make sure:wink:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Haha, go re-read the OP. And ketchup? eww. Ketchup's HFCS would qualify as a sweetener, wouldn't it? So your idea about "just ketchup on bread" is not consistent with what i said, or with what the OP said.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Haha, go re-read the OP. And ketchup? eww. Ketchup's HFCS would qualify as a sweetener, wouldn't it? So your idea about "just ketchup on bread" is not consistent with what i said, or with what the OP said.

so just catsup on toast?