My bones in my legs hurt?

babybliss211
babybliss211 Posts: 19
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Ive been walking/ biking for the past 2-3 weeks now and in the begining my leg bones hurt which i thought was normal because ive ever excersised before, and i got over the pain. Well now my leg bones are hurting again. Why could that be? what can i do about it? Ive been backing off on my exercising but that isnt helping much ( i was doing 6 miles a day, now im doing 4 miles a day) Oh and how do people put the weight ticker on their signatures? i cant find out where signatures are even at!?? hahah

Thank you!

Replies

• jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    I have had pain in my leg bones for as long as I can remember. If I were you I would go to the doctor and tell them what is wrong and ask for a rumatoid arthritst test. I say better being safe than sorry.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Go to community, or just look right above here and it gives options. It says signature and that is where you post the code for your ticker. To get the code, go to tools.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    If it continues to bother you, I'd get it checked out. For me I was new to exercise too and started noticing a lot of pain in my foot, which I thought was because I wasn't used to exercising. I ignored it for a while, then finally went to the doctor after a couple months. I damaged the joints on my foot, and some fluid has built up in that spot and I have a knot on the top of my foot. For now I am restricted to only water exercises and upper body strength training and he put me on a prescription for arthritis pain.
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    I used to get terrible shin splints when I ran until I realized that I had the wrong shoes. I went to my local running store (they also have walking shoes) and explained my pain. They did some running/walking test on me, and they found some really great shoes for me. I also stopped running/walking on concrete. Concrete doesn't give a cushion for the knees, so it causes lots of pain. Try those things first and if it doesn't help, I would go the doctor.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Where specifically? Upper? Lower? Knee? It could be shin splints. Make sure you are doing mild stretches prior to running and/or walking and stretching after. http://running-advice.com/blog/?p=1768

Also, make sure you have the right shoes. Fit and how they are laced is very important. Go to a store where runners work to get the proper fit. If there is a Fleet Feet in your area they have a great staff and are very helpful.
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    All of the previous suggestions sound great, the other thing that you may want to consider is trying different types of exercise to minimize the repetitive impact to your joints and bones. I have terrible knee pain if I run multiple days in a week, so I walk a couple of days, I run a couple, I jump rope use the elliptical on alternating days. (Just as a disclaimer, I am not suggesting that I do all of this in any one week.) I just make sure that I vary my workouts, so that I beat up different joints and bones in an alternating fashion. :wink: :laugh: This was at the suggestion of a friend that is an exercise physiologist. I wish you the best, and be sure to remember that when your body talks to you, you should pay attention. Please get medical help if you feel that you're doing true harm to your bones, or joints. Being thin won't be fun if you can't move around due to useless injuries.

Chris :flowerforyou:
  • peanut1967
    peanut1967 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm not a runner, but when I started a weight loss program 5 years ago I also ran every day and increased my running time from zero to about 1 hour within 3 weeks. I had to take a break. First it felt good, but then I experienced severe pain in my shins. A similar thing happened when I started doing aerobics workouts 2 years later. I think I just exaggerated and increased my training volume too fast! Maybe it 's something like that with you? I'd say your body needs time to acustom to exercise, give it some rest at least every 2nd day in the beginning. Running is so great, you are young and have so many years in which you can run, so be patient in the beginning. :-) I really whish I had the weight to start running now - but due to my joints I'll first have to drop some weight. :sad:
This discussion has been closed.