FIRST 10K WOW

A month ago a friend asked me to do a race with her. I'd only done one other 5K (finished in a little more thant 45 minutes), the month before, and was trying to decide between doing the 5K and the 10K and I decided to just go for it & do the 10K. I only had a month to train. Saturday morning was FREEZING. A few miles in a wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it, but I refused to give up. I ended up finishing in 1:08:46. My goal was 90 minutes and I blew it out of the water!

So proud and excited for this accomplishment!

Replies

• askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    That is so wonderful! Congrats to you and your hard work! Never underestimate what you are capable of!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Excellent! Mind over body is what they keep telling me. I am hoping, have done 8 5Ks this summer and not ran all they way through one yet. Maybe this #9 this Saturday will be the one.
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Great job on your first!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Excellent! Mind over body is what they keep telling me. I am hoping, have done 8 5Ks this summer and not ran all they way through one yet. Maybe this #9 this Saturday will be the one.

I stopped 3 times total. Once because I thought I got lost with the 5K-ers, once for water, and once for a hill. But always short stops. :)
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    that's great! I did two 5ks in September and I'm planning on an 8k on Thanksgiving just to give myself an intermediate step before a 10k sometime in the spring :)
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Wow amazing time! You must have been really dedicated to training. Wtg!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Superb!

I've run 3 5ks in the last 7 days and am looking to start 10k in January. Definately mind over matter IMO. Well done hope to hear more from you soon.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Great work!
  • jenniferjeanne84
    jenniferjeanne84 Posts: 17 Member
    Great job!
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Congratulations!!! That's a fantastic time (especially for a first 10k!). Keep it up!
  • mjgrin
    mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
    Congratulations! Next summer I hope to do a 5k. Way to push yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!