Muscles building under my fat is making me look bigger?!

Hi, I've lost almost 30 pounds by eating right and exercising. Lately, I've noticed that the weight is coming off, but my legs look almost the same. I feel the hard muscles underneath but visually, my thighs are still .. loose and not firm at all. Do I just keep doing what I'm doing and wait for the fat to shed or is there something else I need to do for slim legs?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Hi, I've lost almost 30 pounds by eating right and exercising. Lately, I've noticed that the weight is coming off, but my legs look almost the same. I feel the hard muscles underneath but visually, my thighs are still .. loose and not firm at all. Do I just keep doing what I'm doing and wait for the fat to shed or is there something else I need to do for slim legs?

Since it's unlikely whatever exercise regime you've chosen is making your legs "bulky", I'd just keep eating at a deficit and exercising
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

Yes. just stick to the plan. You are doing great. The hardness and extra bulk is probably just water your muscles are using for repair. It will work itself out as your fitness improves and you lose more fat.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    *bump*
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    *bump*
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    If you're losing weight, you're not building muscle. Not enough to make you look bigger, for sure.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    *bump*

Bump
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Keep going. As you lean out, the places on your body where you tend to store the most fat will tend to become more noticeable as the other areas of your body lean out a bit quicker. It's normal.
  • Thank you, everyone! You've helped a lot! Sorry for the late reply, btw.