Newly blonde, skinny with small pot belly to supertoned and

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I'm looking forward to using this site to help me to reach my goals. I'm planning on doing a 3 month serious workout plan to bulk up my, always skinny, body. I have recently been getting into the habit of doing regular push-ups and sit-ups which have helped a lot, but I will never bulk up using just them.

I have recently been working on my personal image, growing my hair longer and going blonde and am feeling much more confident, but I have always been self-concious of my skinny frame and feel it is time to do something about it.

I am using this site initially to track what I eat at the moment so I know what I have to do to increase my calorie intake.

I have been very inpired by this bloke who did a timelapse video of his weight loss and muscle gain over an 84 day period. I would love to achieve something similar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAcwcqOPcHM

Wish me luck and I will post here again when I am ready to start.

TheTimC.

Replies

• antiadipose
    Options
    welcome to MFP! tho the majority of us r trying to LOSE WEIGHT.... whatever ur goal may be, MFP is a great help! it teaches me everyday that i used to eat really crappy and never used to eat enough!

have fun thru ur journey!
  • terminalman
    terminalman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking the first step, Tim - deciding to take control and eat right
    and exercise.

While healthy eating is a challenge in the world today, with a bit of work and by
    being consistent you'll find that it quickly becomes a habit. Hopefully for life.

The video was really interesting, thanks for posting that link. It's amazing how
    much can be accomplished in three months..

Good luck, Tim. Stick with it and you'll succeed!
  • TheTimC
    TheTimC Posts: 3
    Options
    That's great guys. Thanks for your replies. Maybe I'll do a timelapse video like that too. Starting to get excited about it. I've got a book to read to give me the info I need about how my muscles work and then I need to get my gym membership and a trainer to help me.

Yes, it looks like I'm in the minority here of people who want to GAIN weight. I am about 9 1/2 stone now (131 lbs) at 31 years. I was 4 stone up until about age 10. This is going to be an exciting journey! I should be ready to go in about a week. ;-)

TheTimC
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    OO! Timelapse video would be awesome!
  • TheTimC
    TheTimC Posts: 3
    Options
    ok, I have been at it now for the last week (diet and exercise that is ;-) and I'm feeling great. I've put on two pounds so far and with the help of this iPhone app and my new supplements I am now taking about 3000 calories a day.

I have got my blog running at http://thetimc.wordpress.com so feel free to have a look and comment on how you think I am doing.

All the very best toeveryone here!

Tim.

P.S. I'll do the timelapse at the end, or maybe half way through and at the end. We'll see how I get on.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    good luck x