How much water should I drink?

I drink a gallon of water every day. However, my trainer suggested that I drink 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. I am trying to put on lean muscle mass.

Does it really make a difference if I drink 1 gallon or 2 a day?

I feel 2 gallons is a lot and I would be simply peeing a whole lot more besides feeling uncomfortably full all the time.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Do you sweat a lot?
  • Atishi87
    Atishi87 Posts: 51 Member
    Not a whole lot. Only when I do cardio...and that is twice a week max. And I usually drink 1 liter while doing cardio.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I sweat a lot and drink about three liters per day. 2 gallons is overkill methinks.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    I'f you don't sweat like a beast and you eat hydrating foods (fresh fruits and veggies) ... Then there is absolutely no reason to be drinking that much ...
  • Atishi87
    Atishi87 Posts: 51 Member
    I agree...I tried to find some sort of peer reviewed journal paper about how much difference drinking more water every day would mean in the grand scheme of things, and couldn't find anything concrete.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    A person can DIE drinking too much water, ya know :grumble: :grumble:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    You need enough fluid to keep your urine pale yellow. You get quite a bit of fluid just from your foods so there is no reason whatsoever to drink gallons of water.