Looking for Fitness (Not Diet) Friends

Options
So, I have some great pals and I've been on MFP for over a year. However, in that year I've really changed quite a bit from being focused on stopping my binge eating to being much more balanced in my eating. I am looking for exercise pals! I'm not particularly focused on weight loss right now, but I am focused on eating right and committing to becoming a good overall athlete. Thus, I am looking for some pals that are less focused on tracking food and more focused on meeting new fitness goals. I just started CrossFit, I've been lifting for a year, I run some, swim some, and hike a lot in the warmer months. I also do yoga once per week. I've been doing pole fitness for about 8 months. It's not that I don't understand the importance of diet, it's just that due to a lifelong challenge with eating disorders, the less I can focus on food, the better. I know how to eat properly and I am doing it.
Any polers, CrossFitters, lifters, yogis, hikers, etc. are welcome, especially if you regularly post your exercise log. :) I love getting new exercise ideas and your consistency inspires me.

Replies

• riskybizness02
    Options
    I am working on fitness, cuz it doesnt matter what I eat, being insulin resistant the weight doesnt drop like average person. I have been told the goal is fitness, the rest will fall into place. I'm dedicated and planning to push myself every day just to see what happens. I started road biking in April and until it got cold and wet rode 100 miles a week with distance rides on the weekends. I m now doing zumba fitness, elliptical and weights.. so yea.. Im all about the fitness.. May look like mighty mouse when Im done but hey what do I have to lose!!!
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I've been in maintenance since the beginning of the year, so I'm definitely more exercise focused than food focused at this point. I primarily weight lift and throw in cadio intervals when I can. I'd love to have a few more fitness friends, and I especially like it when people keep a more detailed exercise log, for instance, breaking down their lifts; I find it motivating to see what others are able to accomplish over time, and I can certainly relate when they have a rough day too.
  • ClaudiaMYan
    Options
    Hey there,
    I've recently started. I'm aiming to improve fitness and eat more and eat healthy. I have problems meeting my intake without junk food even with just the minimum as a goal.
    I love to workout! I'm into HIIT, weights, tennis and cycling. I started trying out yoga and pilates last month and I'm planning on taking self defense classes as well.
    =]
  • triiciachow
    Options
    Hi, I have discovered Crossfit 7 months ago, absolutely passionate about it. I have also been lifting heavy weights -in Dec 2014 it will be 5 years. Always looking to meet new friends for support , motivation, inspiration. I am in love with Crossfit and continue to get stronger, increase my endurance,stamina - would love to meet others just for the comraderie and support. I am over 40, will be 45 in Feb. , but exercise is the fountain of youth. I also combine healthy nutrition, live on green smoothies and protein shakes, plus eat 98% healthy whole foods. Always looking to talk to others who love fitness, expecially Crossfit. I also love Zumba, went 2-3 classes per wk for 4 years , but since Crossfit- have found my ultimate passion. Thanks