Timing of Fats/Protein/Carbs

Options
Can anyone please clarify whether you should eat fats/protein/carbs combined for each meal or if it's okay to meet your daily requirements randomly throughout the day? I heard that you should eat something from each of these groups for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but are the results the same if I, for example, have a carb-heavy breakfast, next a salad for lunch, and then a dinner composed mainly of meat? I would be getting all the nutrients I need at the end of the day, so I'm just wondering if the timing is that important...thanks in advance!

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Timing is not important. Eat your macros however you choose. Some people find that incorporating protein in every meal helps keep them feeling full longer.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    do what works for you.... what gives you the most energy? what leaves you sated? what makes you perform best?

there is no universal answer to those questions... you can try more fat and less carbs or vice versa and see which you prefer.... you can try pre workout meals or working out in a fasted state... etc...

balance can be good... a detailed answer would go hundreds of pages and span several books... timing is not a major factor in the average trainee... to call timing irrelevant would be a complete inaccuracy... also, to call "balanced meals" irrelevant would be a complete inaccuracy.