Diet Pill Girl Vent

Options
Sorry this is just my vent!! I am a teacher and after being off for the summer, went back to work, excited to see who noticed I had lost 20 lbs. first. As it turned out, I wasn't the only one working on losing weight over the summer. A co-worker threw over $300.00 a month into diet pills and shots to lose 23 lbs. I lost my 20 the old fashioned way with hard work, eating healthy and exercise. Not one person noticed I had lost any weight. But behold, swarms made it a point to let the diet pill girl know how good she looked. It hurt but I never said a word to anyone that I had lost. That's okay, I told myself. When diet pill girl goes off her pills and shots she'll balloon back up while I will keep my weight off because I have did it the correct way. She eats one egg, 1 piece of fruit and 1 meal replacement bar a day..that is it. However now I wonder how long it will be before anyone does notice. Oh well, it will be my day to shine one of these days

Replies

• dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Take heart that you have made lifestyle changes which will last you a lifetime. :happy: She won't...:huh: You have handled yourself with grace and dignity which will also last you a lifetime.:happy: :happy:
    Great Job!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The hell with them, you met your goal!! WOOT WOOT! I bet you look great!

For me it took 25 pounds before ppl actually noticed. mainly because I was still wearing big azz clothes on my tinier frame! :laugh:
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You are so right. Keep up the good work. You've done it the healthier way! Nice weight loss too!:smile:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    HOW AGGRAVATING!!!! :explode: :angry: :grumble:

Not only is DPG going about it wrong - she will also make herself sick. Her weight loss will stall since she is basically "starving" herself... and whilst she is stalled, your weight loss will likely SPEED UP and the pounds will start MELTING away!! :glasses: Seriously, stick with it!! Don't lose your motivation - forget about DPG and use it as your little motivation to look even better!

Awesome job on the 20 pounds - I know how hard it's been to lose that weight!:flowerforyou:
  • Mari1969
    Mari1969 Posts: 37
    Options
    You are doing it the right way so just stick in there and people will start noticing it soon. Congrats on the 20lb loss. I wish I could have lost that over the summer. That is wonderful and don't get down because of someone else. You are doing great!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Also, her hair will start to fall out and skin start to look like a dead persons gray color....while everyone will notice your glow and shiny beautiful locks~
  • johnnya2
    johnnya2 Posts: 40
    Options
    I would say you need to remember your motivation for doing this. If it is for other people to notice, it will likely be a failure no matter what. I do not condemn or condone DPG. She does what she does, you do what you do. Do it for yourself, and for your health.

Good luck and keep pushing.
  • lolarun_88
    Options
    Wow! You are inspiring! The way you react at that situation is an exemple for me... There is always someone somewere more beautiful, younger, smarter and this distract me of my goal thinking why am I doing all the effort I will never be theme. But you are right. On day it will be me. I will be the one : the goodlooking , fit and healthy person. And we never have to forget that we do that the hard way to learn someting and never forget that lesson. The shortest road is the one that as BOMB on it. And I feel soory for that girl, she as a lot to lear about life... And you saved money! Dont loose your beatiful way to see life!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    She eats one egg, 1 piece of fruit and 1 meal replacement bar a day..that is it.

That's an awesome example to set for young students. :huh: Or, you know, not. (I'm assuming DPG is a teacher like yourself.) Meanwhile, you're leading by example in teaching active living and proper nutrition, which is something the youth of the world really need to learn. My guess is that DPG's weight loss is more noticeable because she probably looks half-emaciated from losing water (and maybe some fat), while you've likely built some muscle so your loss doesn't look as drastic from the outside.

Keep your chin up--like you said, you'll be able to sustain the weight loss a lot easier than DPG (assuming she can maintain it), and your body is probably thanking you for not going that route. Congrats on your 20 lb loss (that's awesome for just the summer!).
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Poor you, I'm sorry no one noticed! BUT oh they will cause guess what? You ARE doing it the right way and yours will continue to come off and your right DPG will turn into PFG (previous fat girl) when she stops. No one can live like that forever and she WILL gain weight. I just posted a blog the other day titled " I really wish they would make Phentermine Illegal" it talks about my story with the pills and shots and how I wish I could tell the world that it isn't worth it! You keep it up, your time is coming! Be proud of your 20 pounds!!! Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    YOU noticed..and that's the point, isn't it? You aren't doing this for them..but yourself. Keep on.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    You are doing a great job. I am so glad that you lost weight the healthy way.

But...

Some people have a really hard time loosing weight and need the help of other things to loose weight. I don't use "weightloss products" but I think that everyone has a different body and different things help others. Maybe this person has been trying to diet for years and just couldn't and she found something to help her.

Sorry I don't want to sound preachy but I think that you are being really judgemental.

BTW I know what it feels when someone else is loosing weight around you and they notice them and not you. It sucks. Keep it up and people will start to notice.

:flowerforyou:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Just think, you can afford at least $600.00 more in new clothes than she can! Sure hope she didn't throw out any of her "fat" clothes cuz she is gonna need them! Good job on your loss and your tolerance of her grandstanding. Keep an extra box of tissues handy for when she starts crying because she gained it back.
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. You know how hard you have worked to lose the 20 pounds. Keep up the good work the comments will come. I have lost 20 pounds since June 12. Some of my co-workers have commented that my face is smaller. Some haven't said a thing.

One day one co-worker asked me how much weight I had lost and when I told her she asked me "do you feel like you've lost 14 pounds?" (that was when I was at the 14 pound mark). I guess that was her way of saying you don't look like you've lost 14 pounds:huh:

Unfortunately a large sector of the overweight, obese, and morbidly obese population is interested in gimmicks, gadgets, and miracle pills and potions. (DPG). I've tried a few of them myself and now many years and "diets" later have concluded they don't work.

The general public doesn't find anything glamorous about eating healthy and exercising. When you tell people that is what you are doing to lose weight it is usually met with a :yawn: Now if you tell them I'm taking this pill or that pill, drinking this shake or that shake, they will run to the stores to get it.

Best wishes as you continue to work towards your goal of a healthier life and permanent weight loss!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    YOU noticed..and that's the point, isn't it? You aren't doing this for them..but yourself. Keep on.
    :flowerforyou: Really in the end, that's all that matters! It's all about you Hon:heart::wink:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I LOVED your vent!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I too have a co worker (we're both nurses) that went for the quick fix (hers were a magic drink mix and shots - both very pricy)
    our other coworkers twittered all around her in amazement! No one noticed my loss (it was the same as hers):grumble:

that was 4 months ago, and now?

She's still on the drinks and now also chicken in small quantities, a few nuts, and maybe a cup of salad-but no further weight loss:tongue:

I'm still movin' my booty, and tracking my cals, keeping it all in check- and yes I'M STILL LOOSING!!!!!!:bigsmile:

The pay off?

I look and feel great with lots of energy, LOTS of people keep comming up to ME asking ME what I did!:smokin:

Oh yea, my friend? She's tired ALL the time, hungry all the time, and has been in a stall for 3 weeks!:noway:

So just keep on doin' what yer doin' !!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You SHINE with us.. you ROCK. Don't worry about DPG - you are doing this the right way and the healthy way. I bet you look amazing and you are going to continue to do awesome things. DPG has to return to real life someday and won't know how to survive in it.. meanwhile, you are building skills that will take you into forever.. be proud of yourself ... you deserve it. :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Always remember you didn't lose the weight for them....keep good thoughts for the pill girl as well and dont let her success hinder or belittle your own....your time shines everyday when you lay down to sleep knowing you made good choices
  • Lizzy1978
    Options
    Your time will come. I know it sucks when you're busting your butt and everyone still looks at you as the fat one. It won't change unless we keep it up though. The bigger we are, the longer it'll take for people to notice a change. That's just how it is. Stay with it. I hope to display the willpower you've shown. You're meeting your goals and that is fantastic.
  • xplasticx
    Options
    You guys shouldn't say negative things about the other woman, she is probably suffering from mental illnesses that can put her in physical harm, but (hopefully) she will drop her diet, gain weight, and realize the healthy way to lose weight.
    Congratulations on your weight loss, and as good as it feels for other people to notice, nothing feels better then feeling strong and healthy, which I am positive the other woman lacks. So be glad you feel ALIVE.