Reached my goal weight today :)

Options
Well, there we have it. As of this morning, I have reached my goal weight of 180 lbs! :D

I have lost 121 lbs in total since I started dieting in June 2009, and 74 lbs since I re-focused and began using MFP, following a 5:2 diet plan, at the end of January this year - 40 weeks ago.

I now need to re-assess my goals, as although I'm looking trim enough with clothes on, without the benefit of their cover I clearly need to shed quite a few more pounds from the front of my torso.

Going forward, I think I'll probably keep going with the 5:2, but increase my non-fast day calorie goals to proper TDEE levels. I'm going to focus on Body Fat Percentage from now on, rather than lbs on the scale. Until now, I have just focused on losing lbs and haven't concerned myself with body composition, but now I want to try to maintain, or grow my lean body mass while driving my BFP down to something that will hopefully rid me of more of the unsightly under-clothes fat on my front. So a switch to more strength-based training is on the cards.

Currently my BFP is 24% - I'm thinking I set an initial target of 21% with an end target of 18%. If I can do that, I'll probably lose another 10 lbs on the scales, but the goal is to not lose any more lean body mass, and maybe even put a few lbs of muscle on. I'm thinking somewhere in the region of 140 lb lean body mass and a total weight of 170 lb...

Replies

• jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    If anyone can do it, you can. You've been a huge inspiration to many people and I can't wait to see where you go next :-)
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So very happy for you. You've been the "poster child" on my friends list for successful weight loss, having watched so much of it week by week. You're disciplined, and I KNOW you'll be successful in this new phase of maintenance and/or body recomp. Congratulations!
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amazing! :happy:
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a great way to start the day!
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • CarynMacD
    Options
    Congratulations! I don't even know you but for some reason I feel immensely proud of you. You are looking great!
  • AMKLIP
    AMKLIP Posts: 17
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That has to be an amazing feeling.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Terrific -- your focused efforts have paid off! I expect you will be successful with your new goals as well. Best wishes to you!
  • mandygivens
    mandygivens Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So proud of you! You are a very strong person!
  • chays84
    chays84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • acoustictones
    Options
    You've lost 121 lbs??? WOW!!! Congrats and well done!!!
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is so amazing!!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Great dedication!! I can't wait for the day the scale has my goal weight too! :flowerforyou:
  • Gwynhyffar
    Gwynhyffar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • venusjames2011
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!! Keep up the good work!
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That's an incredible accomplishment!
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You make it look so easy, 12! Can't wait to hear how the next phase goes for you. I know you'll be successful and continue to inspire us all ;-)
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are truly an inspiration!!
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! What a difference and an inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!