1200 cals & not hungry - give me a good day's menu plz?

Options
Hello all!

I am short so MFP has calculated that I eat 1200 calories net. I am o.k. on the days when I exercise and I can eat back my exercise calories, so I get more food, like almost an extra meal!

However on the days when I cannot exercise, I am hungry!

Could someone who is netting around 1200 calories AND who doesn't usually feel hungry doing that, give me an example of a day's menu that you eat, or maybe friend me so I can see your food diary? My food choices are too repetitive and not filling enough. I try to bulk things out with veggies but I need some more variety.

Yes, I know "nobody can survive on 1200 calories etc. etc. so you are doomed to FAIL!" Since I have already said it myself, maybe we can avoid those kind of posts below lol.

Replies

• kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Lots of 1200 calorie bashing on here so please nobody give out to me !!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/kellybellyjellyn?date=2013-11-01

Here is a good day I think !
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Light (many different kinds), and Wheat Thin (they make really good varieties now) come in at 105 calories total. Great snack with low percentage of your days calories. When I was in loss mode, I tried to keep 300 calories for each meal, then 500 for snacks. I was doing 6 meals a day at 1400 calories. Any exercise gives you more. Start by eating back 1/2 of them, and see how it goes.
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Ps. Notice you have a little baby in your pic. congratulations ! Just wanna ask are you breastfeeding?? Not bashing 1200 in now way but if you are breastfeeding might need to up your calories !! Sorry for personal question !
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" and tried 1200 calories at first and was hungry and grumpy. I now eat around 1300 - 1400. My diary is open - today's entry is filled in and comes to just over 1300 kcal.