Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Salsa

2»

Replies

• chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Salsa!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Can someone give me the recipe to make fresh salsa?
    There are a couple recipes on this thread :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Ok, so I have a bunch of maters I gotta use up tomorrow, need to get some jalepeno's and what about this garlic paste deal? I have a garlic in the cupboard? No clue how to make paste (garlic paste that is. lol)

Help with that? Or an alternative? Chopped garlic clove??

Why would I cook Salsa vs. not cook it, one yummier than the other? Be nice please:blushing: , I've only eaten jar Salsa, so if my questions sound naive. lol I am pretty naive about making Salsa since I haven't ever done it yet. :)

I'll have about 6-7 med sized tomatoes for making it....... beyond that, I could use some help :):)

Thanks!!:wink::tongue:

Garlic paste = minched garlic + salt (either in pestle and mortor or if you have a chefs knife use more of the tip part on it's side and rub it) just mash it into a paste.

I only cook my salsa if I'm going to can it, just put all ingredients together and cook unti lthickened. There's your better version of jarred salsa. Uncooked is "fresh salsa" or pico de gallo.. LOVE IT! lol, ok I love both..

As for ratios, just play with it. I like lots of onion in my salsa so I do almost 1/2 and 1/2 for tomato to onion, others like more spicy.. my hubs could have all cilantro if it was his way.
    Thank you thank you!!!:wink:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    Mango Salsa (can be varied!)

2 mangos, peeled, cored, diced
    1 red bell pepper, diced
    1/2 red onion, diced
    juice of 1/2 to 1 lime
    1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
    1/2 habenero minced (wear gloves!!)
    Salt to taste

I'm really bad at measuring and what not, I say start with the mango and go from there.. you want a nice array of color.. and taste it when adding the lime and cilantro

This is my familys favorite of my salsa, I normally only make it in the summer, great with chicken (fish I'm sure, I don't eat it) fajitas, salad dressing sub
  • HealthyChanges2010
    DancingCarrot.gif