Help on getting started?

Options
Hello all I have finally chosen to get right with my nutrition and health. Please excuse my terrible spelling and punctuation I'm 20 years old 5 ft 1 93lbs I'm a ectomorph and could use some support I just got a gym membership and I want to look like one guy Jeff Seid but my question is where do I start? Here are the problem that are wrong with me.

1. Flat Chested

2. Skinny legs

3. Weak core

4. No arm muscles.

5. Weak back

These are my five main problems I want to change really bad I know it will take a year and probably six months my goal is to go from 93lbs to 140lbs

But what can I do to get there? My goal is to go to the gym six days a week. But I need a routine also I don't want to be lost in the gym and I don't have money for a personal trainer any help?

I'm new to this so forgive me

What can I do to address these problem areas? My goal is to become more aesthetic also to attract some girls,

Also what should I eat and what supplements should I take I know food is key but I also went and bought two things this morning Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass gainer vanilla and Cellucor® C4™ Extreme - Blue Raspberry

But what should my diet and workout consist of? Thanks

Replies

• David482
    Options
    Hi Bodyfreak.!
    If you want to gain weight and improve your fitness then eat like a king and exercise regularly. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts,. grains, red meat, and dairy products. Avoid all junk foods, go for running and walking, practice push ups bench press and chair squats. It will improve your fitness and give you fit and healthy body.
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm definetly not an expert but i have suggestions. Since you have a high metabolism being an ectomorph i would think you need to eat alot of calories. Maybe eat before you go to bed so your body doesnt eat away at any muscle you gain. Hit your big muscle groups hard and try some supplements, My nephew was the same way at 6 ft 130lbs soaking wet and now he's getting ripped by using my suggestions along with eating the right foods that i have him eating. Remeber there are good & bad fats & carbs
  • thomasroti3
    thomasroti3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We all have some type of body problems. Protein is the best source of nutrition for you. Black beans, no more than 40z. per meal, cheese, low fat,; egg whites( 3 per meal with green peppers chopped with sweet onions. Kepp off the caffine drings like coffee, coke etc. Next importanat is veggies. Lastly carbohydrates-potatoes, bread, pasta etc. Drink at least 64 oz of water per day. In your case you might want to add a little more carbohydrates because you are on the lean side.
    As for exercise: see a pilotes instructor. They will tone your body up and give you greater flesibility.
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well, I've started with foundations. Doing 200 push ups every day, followed by 50 pull ups + chin ups, plus ab exercises + running. That gave me a good base for continuing my workouts at the gym.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    have a look at starting strength or stronglifts for good beginners routine (both got groups on here with more information), try to keep the cardio to a minimum (about 10 min light jogging after workout to get the blood flowing and help with recovery) also what the others said when it comes to eating. A lot! A lot of protein and good fats.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have a look at starting strength or stronglifts for good beginners routine (both got groups on here with more information), try to keep the cardio to a minimum (about 10 min light jogging after workout to get the blood flowing and help with recovery) also what the others said when it comes to eating. A lot! A lot of protein and good fats.

This!
  • dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest that you get a personal trainer for the first month or so. I know it might be expensive, especially cos your young so likely broke. But good form with lifting is key. Once you learn deadlifts and squats adds meat to your body like no other, you will be tempted to go too heavy too fast and end up snapping up your back or knees. At a minimum, record your form on ya phone then go home and watch it comparing it to video tutorials on youtube.

You don't need pre-workout formula's at your stage of the game. Actually, don't spend another cent on supplements. Everytime you think about researching supplements on line, spend that time dropping to the floor and doing pushups. This will give you 1000x better results than reading articles.